CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
Using well-rounded design skills, methods and adult learning principles, design and develop training content that supports CCC learners and customers in the use of products and services. Learning solutions include, but are not limited to, applying the training life cycle; storyboarding; knowledge/skill assessment, developing instructor-led (in-person, virtual or blended); and content creation (microlearning, self-studies, job aids, resource guides, etc.). As a member of the Learning Services team, the Instructional Designer is responsible for promoting partnership and collaboration on cross-functional teams; designing comprehensive training solutions to support CCC products and associated support procedures; managing training projects and delivering solutions according to process, quality and milestone standards. A high degree of accuracy, versatility, strong CCC product knowledge, LMS experience, demonstrated mastery of English grammar, and the ability to apply sound product management practices on all projects are critical skills required for the role.
·Applies knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory to develop course content.
- Develops highly engaging and interactive training materials, evaluates upcoming needs and prioritizes deliverables.
·Develops or updates training for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-learning modules or a blend of approaches. Training methodologies may include group lecture, role-play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, etc.
·Creates course quizzes, exams, facilitator guides, facilitator presentations, and course handouts.
·Executes evaluation strategies and tools to measure program effectiveness and to determine whether desired learning and performance goals are achieved. Incorporates feedback into design and on-going maintenance of training/learning solutions.
- Reinforces alignment of all training development activities with the achievement of business objectives, including but not limited to participation in stakeholder meetings, miscellaneous correspondence regarding training needs/requests, status updates to stakeholders and Leadership, observe online/classroom, etc.
- Consults with the principal business and functional areas, across various levels, on performance and learning, needs analysis to develop training interventions, instructional strategies and blended learning solutions to best meet the business need.
- Conducts initial train-the-trainer sessions for all new training programs.
- Acts as a training advocate across organization by educating departments on the role of training, roles/responsibilities of training personnel, training requirements, training processes and contribution of training to the organization.
- Continuously research and implement best practice ideas for self-development and enhancement of CCC’s training function regarding current instructional design approaches and learning technologies.
- Assist, when applicable, in the development and maintenance of product help topics
- Establish and refine effective project management procedures and status processes.
- Creates and manages a project plan according to processes and procedures using identified project management tools.
- Consults with project teams to develop and implement learning solutions to best meet the business need.
- Clearly communicate project milestones, issues, risks, and needs to Learning Services Leadership, the project manager, and to project stakeholders.
- Support trainers, SMEs, clients, etc. who need problem-solving and solutions within the LMS.
- Use established course development processes for LMS distribution.
- Administer the LMS, including uploading content and maintaining all training-related recordkeeping as needed.
- Collaborate with LMS process analyst to determine and facilitate best practices and required reporting.
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three years Instructional Design experience.
- Preferred prior experience includes working with complex content and developing training for multiple delivery modalities (traditional/online classroom, and self-paced e-learning modules).
- Instructional Design experience in Technology / Software environment is preferred.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form. (Essential)
- Working knowledge of eLearning course development and delivery tool such as Articulate 360 suite preferred.
- Visual and programming-related experience such as graphic design or website development preferred.
- LMS, SharePoint, and file management knowledge preferred.
- MS Office
- Knowledge of adult learning principles & Instructional Design Principles and Training Delivery Methodology.
- Knowledge of automated course development and delivery tools.
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Communication
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Graphics, video, audio editing experience
- Ability to create and edit graphics as needed.