Instructional Designer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Learning & Growth team at Grubhub is seeking a creative design thinker who can partner with subject matter experts to identify training needs and create powerful and engaging learning experiences.
The right candidate is creative yet analytical and ready to bring a whatever-it-takes mentality to our fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
You’ll need to be ready to dive right in – our staff is always growing and the training never stops. It’s hard work, sure, but it's also a fun place to work. You should be excited about becoming a part of our uniquely awesome culture.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Design trainings & learning solutions (e-Learning, instructor-led, virtual and self-paced) based in adult learning theory
- Set instructional end goals with trainers and facilitators and create content to match objectives.
- Share knowledge of current trends and best practices and leverage instructional software, social media, mobile apps and devices, multimedia applications, and internet-based technologies in training settings
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on the design and development of training content, video production and animation to produce sound instructional products
- Responsible for the LMS platform (Continu), including integration with other Grubhub systems, content tracking, auditing and upkeep, UX and reporting
- Provide guidance on curriculum materials to ensure that they adhere to instructional design and learning principles appropriate for a millennial audience
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Co-facilitate instructor-led trainings as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- A degree in Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Learning, Technology & Training or related field
- 3+ years of instructional design and development experience in web-based (e-learning), self-study and instructor-led training programs, with a strong focus on technical (i.e. sales, marketing, tech) and soft-skill development
- Knowledge of relevant course delivery platforms with strong proficiency in Learning Management Systems, Articulate Storyline, Adobe eLearning Suite or other similar e-Learning tools as well as experience in graphic design, including the use of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong graphic design skills
- Familiarity with video editing software such as Premiere Pro or Camtasia
- Highly organized, flexible and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while managing competing demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact frequently with instructors, stakeholders, and management
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.