Junior Graphic Designer
Direct Commerce Group, LLC (DCG) is a growing and entrepreneurial business with multiple areas of focus. Privately held and well capitalized by private investors and internet industry veterans, DCG currently operates Tall Ridge and Office Designs.
Tall Ridge (www.tallridge.com) is a full-service digital marketing agency focused on helping brands like Hydro Flask, Boll & Branch, and Gerber Gear succeed on Amazon and other online marketplaces. We offer products for the quality conscious consumer.
Office Designs (www.officedesigns.com) offers high-end ergonomic seating, modern office furniture and office décor. We provide end-to-end furniture solutions to small and mid-size businesses, and home offices. Full service offering includes design and layout services, curated product offering, floor planning, and installation. Because of our capabilities, we are selectively authorized to offer high quality brands such as Herman Miller, Steelcase, Humanscale, and Haworth, in addition to various other brands.
The marketing team is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to work closely with the Creative Director on all marketing materials and promotional creative for DCG, Tall Ridge, and Office Designs. The ideal candidate will be a talented designer with fresh perspective and style, a proactive work ethic, with a fine attention to detail.
Please be prepared to submit a cover letter, resume, and a PDF portfolio or website for review.
- Work with Creative Director on various projects including but not limited to: our websites’ creative needs, affiliate and display marketing assets, email marketing, print materials and mockups, Amazon Enhanced Brand Content pages and Amazon Stores assets, and image asset production.
- Manage multiple time sensitive creative projects and assignments in a fast paced environment.
- Design and create effective marketing materials while supporting our internal brand strategies, as well as adhering our retail brands’ guidelines.
- Organize and maintain a library of templates, branding assets, images and files.
- Bachelors in Visual Communications or Graphic Design
- At least 1-2 years in a professional working environment or internship experience
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Wordpress and possess a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive design
- An eye for detail and dedication to quality
- Ability to be a self-learner in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and adhere to tight deadlines
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to problem solve with beautiful and effective data-driven design
- Passionate about industry, consumer, and style trends
- Strong understanding and use of typography and color theory
- Strong understanding and use of the basic design principles
- Understanding of printing process and ability to prepare art files appropriately
- Ability to take direction and collaborate with others
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of various design projects
- Demonstrated interest or background in Interior Design and Office Furnishings is a plus
- Experience with Amazon EBC and Amazon Stores a plus
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Smart and fun co-workers who will quickly feel like family
- Stocked kitchen
- Employee discount on products we sell
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Flexible work locations
- Primary office is located at 722 Landwehr Road, Northbrook, IL 60062
- Secondary office in the Civic Opera Building downtown Chicago