Junior Visual Designer
Catch Co. is looking for a driven JR. Experience Designer who is passionate about impactful visual communication, loves the outdoors and opportunities to explore a diverse medium. This person will responsible for the design of digital and print deliverables and help mold the visual direction of various touch points. *This opportunity is located in Chicago.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the execution of designs such as banner ads, UI, landing pages, infographics, print campaigns, power point presentations and more.
- Adhere to brand standards while designing deliverables.
- Support Chief of Design and cross functional leaders to analyze project needs ensuring they fit with resourcing, project objectives and quality standards.
- Work closely with the Chief of Design to maintain an efficient workflow and deliver assets within a deadline.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- You will be joining a newly created department with opportunity to an immediate impact on the business.
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- We are based in Chicago’s West Loop across the street from the Ogilvie Transportation center.
What will make you successful:
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A great sense of humor.
- Born creative.
- 1-2 years Experience in advertising marketing design such as posters, infographics, banner ads, trade show displays and web design.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Experience in video and animation.
- Demonstrated understanding of advertising and interface usability principals.
- BA/BS Degree in Visual Design, Communication Design, or related field.
- Understanding how design translates to code is a plus.
- Experience in designing eCommerce preferred.
- Love for the outdoors is a plus.
- Competitive Medical Dental and Vision insurance.
- Ability to work from home if there is a need. (Not a remote opportunity)
- Flexible working hours.
- "Take what you need" vacation policy.