Lead Experience Designer
Lead large-scale, custom-designed, enterprise-level software development projects that use object-oriented technologies, such as Java, Ruby, or .NET. The position requires articulating how a design solution meets user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets, and translate that into designing a customer-centric product. Bringing creative design solutions to market, mentoring designers, and advocating for customer-centric design in a fast-moving engineering environment. Responsible for conducting user-centered research, synthesizing data, and working with cross-functional teams to help design user centered products. Managing coordination across countries and time zones. The position often requires the ability to act as an analyst and iteration manager. This position often requires to collaborate with business analysts and iteration managers, and also coach best agile experience design practices. Supporting Agile Methodologies, and utilizing Lean Product Development methodologies and practices, including Design Thinking Workshops, Inceptions, Systems Thinking, and Service Design. The position includes working on Lean Enterprise organizational transformation engagements as a coach and Lean UX specialist.
Job Position supervise work of other employees? No
Job Position requires travel? Yes, willingness to travel at least 80% across U.S.
Education: Master’s degree in Design, Transdisciplinary Design, Design Management or related
Professional Experience: Must have at least two years of post-bachelors experience in the job offered or as an Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, UX Researcher, Front-end Developer, Product Designer, Business Analyst, or related.
Special Skill Sets Required - Must have at least experience 12 months experience in:
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences;
- Facilitating the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products;
- Collaborating with practice leads and general managers for project delivery assurance;
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant solutions;
- Supporting sales teams in new pursuits;
- Working with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and designing complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision, while managing relationships;
- Leading Design Thinking Workshops, Inceptions, Systems Thinking, Service Design, and conducting user research through ethnography and prototyping;
- Running project inceptions to collaborate with project sponsors to define the work and scope of an engagement;
- Providing direction for clients for overall architecture of a solution;
- Attending and contributing to stand up meetings, retrospectives and showcases;
- Coaching on experience design and Agile Methodologies; and
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.