Good design can change how people feel about even the most murky of topics. Which is why Collective Health is invested in and shaping, and changing, the way we experience healthcare.
As a Lead Product Designer here, you’ll plan, define, and design various experiences of our award-winning products—with a strong emphasis on customer facing features. Along with a talented team of product designers, content designers, researchers, engineers and product managers, you will drive collaboration and partnership through all phases of the software product development process, ensuring we’re developing a best-in-class product that is both beautiful and functional. In short, you’ll use design to transform an industry.What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver design solutions that meet intended project goals and result in outcomes that positively impact key company metrics
- Craft experiences that meet our high visual and interaction design quality standards
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, content designers, ux researchers and other product designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that turn complex data and workflows into elegant, efficient user experiences (and make life so much better for the users!)
- Participate in critique sessions to both receive thought-partnership and feedback on works in progress, and offer your expertise to help others shape their experiences
- Build relationships with end users and stakeholders by listening to their needs and interpreting them into actionable solutions
- Generate system-level views of customer experience workflows and identify product opportunities
- Plan, lead and execute user research, both ethnographic and usability studies
- Infuse empathy and a deep understanding of nuanced user needs into your design process
- Demonstrated ability in applying interaction and visual design patterns to solve complex workflows at the macro and micro UX level.
- Detail-oriented craft in information hierarchy, color usage, layout, composition, and typography.
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with cross-functional teams from concept, refinement to shipment
- Ability to take a systems level approach and ‘see the forest through the trees’.
- Ability to illustrate user flows across multiple scenarios and design components that consider needs at the system level.
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity
- Ability to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and commitment to craft
- 5+ years of professional experience designing intuitive and scalable products for web and mobile
- A strong portfolio demonstrating direct contribution to shipment of 2 or more products successfully with clear metrics on how solutions drove user and/or business outcomes.
- Experience in user testing tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into actions
Preferred, but not required:
- Expertise/interest in data visualization and storytelling
- Experience working on complex B2C and B2B software
- A BFA or MFA with studies in the fields of interaction design, UX, visual design and/or Human-computer interaction (preferred but not required)
How to apply:
- A portfolio of your recent work is required to apply—please include either a website or other attachment that shows multiple projects. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.