Lead UX Researcher at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: User Interface/User (27563)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
In this role, you'll help shape our products by uncovering user insights that ensure our teams understand and design for the needs, challenges, and pain points of our customers and store associates. Your work will also include coaching product and design partners on a range of user research methods to increase both the quantity and quality of self-directed research. With everything you do, you’ll help us champion user-centered practices across the organization and the value of user research.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product management and design.
- Scope, plan, and execute user research, utilizing a range of mixed-method research methods with multiple cross-functional product teams.
- Identify appropriate research participants and build screeners that best align with your project needs.
- Analyze/synthesize data and findings and develop actionable insights across the product development lifecycle.
- Translate, socialize, and present insights into compelling, digestible, and actionable deliverables that resonate with cross-functional partners, expose new opportunities, influence both near- and long-term product vision and strategy.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX researcher, working with cross-functional teams. Experience in eCommerce is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience with a range of methods: usability (task-based) studies, user interviews, diary studies, surveys, usability benchmarking, contextual inquiries; etc. Quantitative experience (large-scale surveys, tracking studies) is a major bonus.
- You are an experienced user researcher with a proven track record of shaping and delivering mixed-method research studies at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- You're insightful thinker who brings sharp analysis and a strong point of view to their work, and rapidly translates insights into opportunities that serve both design and business needs.
- Effective at presenting, communicating, and influencing - demonstrated by strong, clear, visual outputs and deliverables.
- Comfortable independently navigating through ambiguity, and able to make quick pivots in response to new information.
- Scrappy and creative.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 225710_external_USA-IL-Chicago