Marketing Developer & Designer
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution bringing same-, next-, and 2-day shipping to ecommerce companies of all sizes. With funding led by Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital, Hyde Park Angels, and Y-Combinator, our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging, and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
At ShipBob, we pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We strive every day to go above and beyond not only for our customers, but for our teammates, too.
ShipBob is looking for a data-driven developer/designer who wants to focus on customer and revenue growth.
You must have a proven track record focusing on development and design to support or lead marketing and growth initiatives throughout the entire customer journey. This role will allow you to work across the entire business, including Marketing (Digital, SEO, Content, Email, Events, Partnerships), Product, Sales, and our Executive Leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Help lead design and front-end development across marketing initiatives, including the ShipBob website.
- Manage customer-facing website and experience across device types and entry points (eg. ads to landing pages to signup flow) to optimize user experience and maximize conversion rates and product adoption.
- Focus on driving growth through improving top-of-funnel web experiences for prospects and customers, then work with product to create an aligned experience.
- Design and align ad creatives with landing page experience across various segments and customer personas.
- Design and develop new sections of the website (eg. Partner portal), new content types (eg. infographics, gifographics), sales collateral (eg. case study pamphlets), plus fun projects like company swag and event promotion.
- Make necessary changes to website, whether that be on our CMS (eg. WordPress), testing tools (eg. Unbounce, VWO), or automation software (eg. AutoPilot, Marketo).
- Work with the Content and Growth teams to create new funnels and tools to help provide value to customers at different stages of the buyer journey.
- Build microsites to test new web experiences or new acquisition channels.
- Align your work with Marketing/CRO on improving the right metrics, maximizing ROI, and driving revenue.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Product to align brand, company narratives, product launches, and promotions.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of highly successful production, design, and development experience in software, including B2B SaaS and ecommerce.
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
- Technically Experienced
- Design: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- CMS (eg. WordPress, Craft)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- (Preferred) A/B testing (eg. Optimizely, VWO, Unbounce)
- (Preferred) Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Segment)
- Strategist - You understand how design and development can be used to drive growth across different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer-focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at ShipBob.
- Problem solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, and open to suggestions, experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and project manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision (96% Company Paid)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- 401K Plan
- Parental Leave Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours, casual dress code
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.