Motion Graphics/Video Editor
Hello Motion Graphics/Video Editor!
Our Creative team is growing! Freeosk, Inc. is searching for a full-time, Chicago-based Motion Graphics/Video Editor to create engaging video content for a wide range of promotional and innovative marketing programs. In this role, you’ll work with a team of Creative geniuses to concept, develop, edit, and produce video content for our in-store campaigns across all of our retailer partners by incorporating design assets into motion graphics. You’ll also be a vital contributor to new and upcoming projects and initiatives as our business offerings continue to expand.
Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with an eye for details who can manipulate assets to create compelling, effective marketing videos and content. In order to be successful in this role you must have the ability to appropriately time, pace, and control story flow through editing and be able to maintain quality during condensed timelines.
This may be the perfect job if you…
- thrive in diverse and highly collaborative work environments
- love to solve problems
- are positive, fearless and fun-loving
Some of the key responsibilities you’ll have include:
- Create storyboards, video graphics, animation and edit video for a variety of projects including but not limited to: content for kiosk, app, and web campaigns; trade show videos and materials; sales pitch videos; social media content; animated GIFs; data visualization; internal communications and tools
- Assemble raw materials into a cohesive story. These materials can include but are not limited to raw camera footage, dialogue, motion graphics, sound effects, and music
- Have a good sense of timing, pacing, and controlling story flow through editing
- Proactively push and elevate our video experiences with animation visual effects, concepts and strategy
- Collaborate with Creative Director, senior designers, and account managers to understand campaign direction and incorporate design assets into motion graphics
- Attend creative briefs and conduct research on designs, styles, and look and feel according to campaign needs and brand standards
- Present work during Work-In-Progress (WIP) and Internal Creative Reviews (ICRs)
- Participate in brainstorm/ideation sessions
- 3+ years of motion graphics experience in a design company, advertising agency or in-house creative environment
- Professional experience with motion graphics, typography, design, and 2D/3D animation
- Exceptional video storytelling skills and ability to captivate viewers
- Demonstrated ability to edit and manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent skills with Mac-based design software, which will be used in the design and creative production process. Including, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, expertise in Cinema 4D and related modules, etc.
- Knowledge of current kiosk, in-store, and technology pertaining to video editing and visual effects.
- Continuously look for new and relevant animation and design approaches and tactics
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly articulate thoughts, vision and direction, as well as communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be deadline-, detail- and process-oriented.
**This position is based in Chicago. Local candidates only.**
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Hours
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Gym Stipend
- Free Divvy membership
- Sports teams
- On-site yoga classes
Who are we?
Freeosk is the key that unlocks the power of free to fuel the discovery process. We use the energy of free and our partnerships to develop an ongoing relationship with shoppers and consumers that is fun and relevant.
A nimble, Chicago-based marketing firm made up of a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, creatives, data analysts, account managers and other specialists, Freeosk works collaboratively with retailers and CPG makers to develop rich shopping, mobile and digital experiences that help people engage and connect with brands.