Principal Product Designer
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Founded in 1999, we have over 3,700 employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. Additional U.S. offices are located in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas; and Los Angeles, California. Internationally, we have offices in New Delhi, India; New Brunswick, Canada; and London, England.
We are an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services -- online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities -- have positioned us as a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
About [email protected]
[email protected] is passionate about creating the best experience for anyone who plans and attends meetings and events. We are the map makers, designers, builders, and champions for those who need to stay on top of thousand details and deadlines. Our aim is to empower people to connect, learn, and foster community.
The Product Designers within the User Experience group design products to be simple, innovative, and accessible. You will partner with product managers, developers, researchers, UI-visual designers, and writers to design human-centered products that meet market needs. You will be involved in each phase of the project, from early discovery and concept work through development.
What You Will Be Doing
Principal Product Designers handles large and highly visible projects at Cvent -- the impact of the work is far-reaching across multiple products within our platform. They plan and execute programs or projects that are strategic in nature, and their work impacts many groups at Cvent. They deal with very complex and/or highly technical design problems that heavily influence customer experience. They pull together designers, developers, writers, researchers, product managers, and other stakeholders to gain consensus and ensure alignment throughout complex, long-term projects.
Principal Product Designer responsibilities and characteristics include:
- Help conceive, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and concepts, as well as guides those projects to completion
- Superior project execution and collaboration in other areas of the company where applicable and valuable
- Designs complex and wide-impact solutions from the ground-up, has an understanding of technical capabilities, and has business acumen that provides justification for design decisions
- Have a solid understanding of design, but also understand the business impact and ramifications of their work
- Make well-informed decisions that positively impact the customer experience and interaction guidelines for Cvent and ensure those decisions are executed in a scalable and extensible manner
- Appropriately evaluate and document new interaction standards or patterns that arise from their work
- Consider the branding and interaction implications of their work within the scope of Cvent and drive decisions accordingly across one or more product areas
- Drive and advocate for User Experience throughout the organization
- Be a leader in the design community