Root is looking for a Mid to Senior-level Product Designer to join our Claims Operations team.
When something as disruptive as an accident occurs, our customers want their claims handled fairly, transparently, and quickly, making it easy for them to get back to normal life as fast as possible. At Root, we’re updating our claims organization constantly, and we’re passionate about unbreaking the old, bureaucratic claims processes that leave customers wanting. Leveraging data and technology, we’re creating a completely new kind of claims organization.
What you'll be doing.
- Be actively involved with defining product strategy & roadmaps.
- Distill complex problems into easy to understand user flows and wireframes.
- Process the results of A/B tests and user research.
- Learn everything there is to know about the insurance industry.
- Work closely with your partners in engineering and product management.
- Present your work to leadership as well as peers across the company.
- Conduct research to vet ideas before building them.
- Build interactive or motion prototypes.
- Facilitate collaborative design with partners in and out of the product design team
- Design systems which make building a beautiful and consistent product even easier
- Work closely with our Operations team to build a unified vision for where our services and product can go.
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products
- Experience working with B2B, internal tooling, or service design preferred, though not required
- A customer champion and practitioner of human-centered design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of our customers’ needs and what could be, and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- Ability to collaborate with partners in product management and engineering through the whole product lifecycle
- An excellent listener and communicator.
- High attention to detail; comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.