Product Designer (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the role
At Fetch Rewards, our vision is to help make shopping easy, fun and smart. Millions of people use our app every month and we are growing rapidly. Although we have earned a 4.8 rating in the App Store, we believe our product can do so much more.
We are looking for a Product Designer to continually push our app’s customer experience and Product Design team to new levels. The team is mighty but small, which means you’ll get to drive meaningful impact, contribute to our design practices, shape the culture and be a part of a formative stage for the product and team.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- A user centered Product designer with at least 2 years of experience designing for consumer facing mobile applications
- Expertise in mobile design
- Have a lean, iterative approach
- Comfortable owning projects
- Is willing to take risks and try new things
- Understands users and leads them forward
- Collaborative partner - enjoys working with others across disciplines and teams
- Data driven - uses data to inform and create innovative design solutions
- Embraces experimentation in their design process
- Understands that a successful product meets both users and business needs within technical constraints
- Curious, empathetic and open to new ideas
- Excited to join a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in design systems, game design, loyalty, consumer engagement or behavioral science a plus
Within 1-3 months you will:
- Become familiar with our product, get to know the UX team
- Develop a primary focus area within product
- Review existing research, business goals, data and documentation in order to begin developing an understanding of our customers, their needs and what they don’t know they need
- Support any design work for projects already in development, including feature work
- Collaborate with other designers, product management, engineering, marketing and executives to research, ideate, iterate and deliver designs to a high standard
- Learn what other features and design work is being completed across product teams
Within 3-6 months you will:
- Influence Product Design team practices and culture
- Take ownership and initiative of design directives within your primary focus area
- Continually push to improve our understanding what our customers don’t know they need yet - turning your design intuition into creative solutions
- Take on larger and more complex initiatives, such as design strategy and cross team features
- Proactively seek new ways of improving the user experience within product
- Contribute to making the team more effective, inclusive, and collaborative
- Add to the development of our design system
- Be proactive in finding opportunities to share work and pair with other designers
Within 12 months you will:
- Help to make others on the team better through your leadership and example
- Identify and lead implementation of new ways to help the product, team, and overall company
- Have taken risks
- Understand business goals and roadmap