We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and own the UX and end-to-end digital design process. You should have several years of experience doing product design work at a fast-paced technology company. Here, you’ll be the lead Product Designer, working directly with Product Owners, engineers, and our head of product. A typical day might involve launching a brand new landing page A/B test, prototyping a new mobile feature, designing and building a component library, prioritizing competing feature work and mentorship of more junior folks.
This is a great opportunity for a Product Designer on a path to take on a whole lot more — such as owning the process itself, defining and growing our brand, pairing with frontend developers, getting exposure to the commercial side of the business, and/or getting some product management experience. We’re looking for an ambitious team-player who wants to do more than just push pixels in Sketch.
We think the ideal candidate:
- Understands the function of design within a data and results-driven environment
- Possesses demonstrable UX experience
- Is deeply empathetic towards our users, partners, business goals, and tech
- Is super organized and comfortable working cross-functionally, switching contexts throughout the day
- Is entrepreneurial and able to work independently and take ownership
- Likes to travel and learn new things, and is generally curious about the world
We look forward to reviewing:
- A thoughtful cover letter about your interest in the role
- Your resume
- Your work (we like to see live, real-world finished products, but a portfolio is okay too)
- An additional writing sample that showcases your ability to communicate (it can be an essay, a narrative, a work of research, a user story, a feature spec — anything that highlights your writing!)
design, product design, ux, ui, ux design, ui design, designer
Rocketmiles encourages travelers to vacation faster by incentivizing hotel bookings with magnificent rewards.
Founded in 2012 and acquired by the Priceline Group / Booking Holdings in 2015, Rocketmiles joined the ranks of Booking.com, Kayak and OpenTable and operates with startup-like autonomy out of our West Loop and Dumbo, Brooklyn offices.