Popular Pays’ primary product is a tech platform connecting Creators with Brands to generate content worth sharing - so shareable in fact, the fruits of these collaborations have been posted to billions of followers online, boosted to millions more via digital ads, repurposed for in-store menu boards, dropped into consumer’s mailboxes as part of direct mail campaigns, and featured amongst the bright lights of Times Square on billboards.
PopPays is a Y Combinator alum and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, Revlon, McDonald’s, Bose, M&Ms, TOMS, and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced digital product designer to take our design to the next level. In this role you’ll help shape the solutions, improvements, and new features we implement in our web and mobile apps. Looking for full time candidates; open to relocation.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have:
- Created thoughtful solutions for interesting & challenging design projects while collaborating with the engineering and product teams.
- Paired with a product manager and tech lead during the discovery phase of projects, ensuring we understand the problems we’re looking to tackle to inform the solutions we choose to implement.
- Participated in user interviews to better understand the problems our customers face and to ensure our product is a painkiller, not just a vitamin.
- Translated research and business requirements into user flows, wireframes, and high–fidelity UI/mockups.
- Maintained and followed design language for consistent user experiences throughout our apps.
- Created interactive prototypes and worked closely with engineers to translate them into code.
- Reviewed designs and functionality of features post-development to ensure quality.
- Lended a hand on marketing projects, including assets for product launch announcements, sales materials, presentations, and Pop Pays swag
Nice to Have:
- You have 3+ years experience designing for both web and iOS based products.
What we use:
InVision, Sketch, Adobe CC, GitHub, Slack, Trello, Pen/Paper, Whiteboards/Expos
Why You Should Work Here:
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Work when it works for you, with flexible work hours and a generous vacation policy
- Top notch benefits package, including healthcare, transit, and 401(k) plans
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more
- A fresh laptop, massive wide-screen external monitor, noise-cancelling headphones, and a motorized sit/stand desk
- An inspiring office in the West loop, close to restaurants, bars, and public transit options