Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Product Designer?
In order to fulfill our mission of putting car insurance in the places that matter, when they matter; we need to design and build the tools necessary to create seamless experiences and workflows for both our internal customer advocates, partner agents, and of course our amazing customers. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing product design team to design these cutting edge user experiences for our users.
The Product Designer will work closely with the product management teams, research team, and department-stakeholders to be the voice-of-the-customer/user. We believe that purchasing and using car insurance should be incredibly easy, and we are looking for product designers that are driven by creating empathy with users through design.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for researching and designing workflows that allow our users to seamlessly use their car insurance when it matters most.
- You will reference existing data to identify areas that could be improved in both usability and functionality across our web and mobile products.
- You are to be the voice-of-the-customer and represent the users desires to the best of your knowledge.
- You will be responsible for growing, and maintaining the product design system that is currently in the process of being built & unified across all products.
- You will work with our UX Researcher to help unlock any knowledge gaps needed to be filled to create impactful user experiences.
- Take qualitative and quantitative data from UX research and make product design action plans & designs around the research results.
- You will work with our other product designers to collaborate on product solutions across squads.
- You’ll be responsible to clearly and accurately communicate your design decisions to stakeholders across the organization.
What do you need?
- Experience designing products across a variety of platforms including but not limited to; web, mobile, iOS, and Android.
- Expertise in one or more prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Principal, Framer).
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- 3+ years of experience in a product design role.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with good user experience design practices.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate design ideas to stakeholders.
- The willingness to ask questions when you lack the details to complete a task to the highest standards.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social