What you will be doing:
As a Product Designer at Lumere, you will serve as an advocate for our users. You will conduct user research and be responsible for designing a user experience — interactions, tasks, navigation, and flow — that is usable and productive. Tactically, this means conducting testing throughout the product development process (concept, validation, usability, etc.), wireframing, prototyping, creating and maintaining our design system, and reinforcing the overall design principles of our application.
The designer who fills this role will work closely with our product managers – as well as the software engineering and data visualization teams – to help us deliver a delightful and highly functional experience for our users.
Successful candidates will share a passion for delivering a market-leading, web-based solution used to transform healthcare. The individual who fills this role has a unique opportunity to shape the future design of our product. Autonomy and initiative will be critical, as will the ability to prioritize and get things accomplished in a fast-moving environment. We’re a company with a proven product suite that is growing and expanding both its functionality and its impact – success in this role means making an outsized impact on the delivery of healthcare in the United States.
- Conducting user research and usability testing
- Driving forward a design-led process, e.g. problem definition, ideation, conducting workshops, etc.
- Developing and documenting effective interaction design
- Creating and maintaining front end standards
- Developing prototypes, wireframes, and other graphical and technical expressions
- Writing software requirements and user stories
- Contributing to understanding of user personas and journeys
- Partnering with Lumere stakeholders including the product management team, engineering, and data visualization to design and deliver a delightful and highly functional experience to our users
- Advocating for user empathy at Lumere — by deeply understanding users’ needs and attitudes
Qualified Applicants Will Demonstrate Mastery Of:
- Human-centered design techniques: observation, research, ideation, rapid prototyping and iteration and the design process
- User personas, information architecture, requirements gathering and acceptance criteria
- Creation of low- and high-fidelity prototypes and knowledge of relevant software tools (such as Axure, InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Visual design as it pertains to user interface design, including typography, hierarchy, and grid systems
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Clear and effective communication skills both oral and written
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent project management and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the technology space
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Growth-company DNA – thrives in a fast-paced environment and shares an excitement to lead change!
Bonus Points For Candidates Who Can Demonstrate The Following:
- Experience driving user engagement metrics with through thoughtful UX/UI decisions
- Familiarity with common analytics and BI tools; experience with data visualization
Candidates should provide links to an existing portfolio.