Production Design Manager at One North
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven Production Design Manager to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand and experience design, and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate, and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
We are a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North is seeking a Production Design Manager to spearhead a team of production designers for a large technology & social media company. You will work collaboratively with the Design Lead, Project Managers, and other team members to deliver various web assets, UI spot illustrations, and high-value digital presentations, some with animation and motion graphic components.
Being a master juggler, you thrive in a high-volume, omni-channel environment. As the Production Design Manager, you should have the hands-on design skills to mentor other designers in addition to strong PM chops to maximize the team.
We are looking for a professional who is highly organized and seeks to improve workflow and break down barriers for your team. You will be integral in the resource planning and will help to add structure and process improvements to workstreams.
• Provide oversight and management for Facebook Production Studio team with an inclusive, collaborative approach
• Ability to surface qualitative and quantitative results about the team and their work using various toolsets (e.g., JIRA or other PM tools)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Provide insights on the progress of the engagement and areas for improvements
• Provide and receive feedback to uncover opportunities to optimize workflow and team performance and success
• Together with other leadership, help to develop internal team and contract/freelance pool
• Provide input for estimating and scoping work
• Oversee resourcing, in cooperation with Design Project Coordinator
• Present and communicate with client directly
• Become fluent in the Facebook brand standards and ensure all our work is on-brand
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in graphic design preferred
• At least 5 years as a studio manager, or equivalent, within a fast-paced, digital environment
• Expert understanding of studio management best practices
• Expert understanding of design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
• Sample portfolio
• Experience collaborating with creative directors, designers, and copywriters
• PM certification desired
• Experience with PM tools and ticketing systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly in front of clients
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Prior experience in management and/or mentorship of designers