The Marketing Store – a HAVI company voted one of AdAge’s Best Places to Work in 2018 – has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. We’re a privately held global Agency that creates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions for many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and brings to life some of the biggest brands on the planet. And we believe it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
Today, we’re looking to build and grow our creative roster with the very best thinkers, tinkers and makers of amazing experiences.
As Senior Designer, you’ll be at the forefront of what we dream of on a daily basis (and ultimately create), flexing your detailed design eye and boundless creativity on one of our largest national accounts. Fearless, passionate and imaginative, you’ll push the boundaries of visual design alongside our UX and UI team — building digital experiences that build stronger human connections.
If this sounds like you, then awesome! Let’s jump in.
The ideal Senior Designer candidate…
- Has proven background and track record at executing and delivering top-quality design work (and a book to back it up)
- Has a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of visual design (especially in the digital space). This means expertise or strong knowledge in site design, responsive design, mobile app design and visual ID.
- Has the ability to solve and understand behaviors in the digital space. They’re a natural problem solver and understands the user journey – anticipating what people might like and are drawn to both aesthetically and functionally.
- Has a knack for coming up with solutions that push boundaries, and are as imaginative as they are unexpected.
- Is a collaborative and open-minded thinker. They should be able to conceptualize and express their ideas with other team members while helping elevate the work.
- Geeks out on the details. They should be down with the nuances of design and embellish thinking through all the details of their design.
- Likes to sketch, draw and maybe even illustrate on the side.
- Loves type and typography. They understand font weights, style and hierarchy of type — especially when it comes to digital design and scan-ability.
- Is able to talk through their work and the process that lead them to their finished product.
Desired Skills & Experience
The Senior Designer will need…
- At least 5 years of experience designing within the web and mobile space.
- A strong understanding of UX flows, wires and design
- To be proficient in Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Expertise in Sketch and proficiency in InVision.
- Strong verbal and communication skills (articulating and presenting their ideas)
- A general understanding of Abstract and how it integrates with Sketch.
- A background and understanding in iOS/Android.
- Some understanding of atomic design principles and material design.
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience working in design/product development sprints
- Experience prototyping your designs in programs like (Marvel, Protopie, etc.)
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.