Senior Digital Art Director at The Marketing Store
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
We engage McDonald's consumers throughout the entire brand experience life-cycle, touching on various areas of the customer journey and executing on print, retail, digital, promotions, and more. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to seamlessly integrate and execute your digital expertise across that journey, allowing customers to not just engage with the brand, but interact.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Art Director obsessed with ideas, interaction and design. Someone with a keen eye for design, an inquisitive and innovative mentality, a story-teller, and a team-player that can work seamlessly with others.
You consistently aim at taking UI and interaction design to the next level, while relentlessly serving the core user. In collaboration with various cross-functional teams, you will drive the creation of on-brand, large promotional activations that live within the digital space.
- Interpret briefs in order to create designs that are strategically driven, smart and compelling — not just “pretty”
- Think conceptually and strategically to discover the best way to problem-solve for design and technical challenges
- Design responsive, engaging digital experiences across mobile, tablet and desktop
- Create low and high-fidelity mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection
- Ability to present and communicate your ideas and designs to the team and clients to build consensus around your concepts
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders: marketing, technology, product, developers etc.
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in the industry and identifying design capabilities that should be adopted
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Must have Sketch experience
- Robust experience with mobile standard methodologies, leading with fully responsive mobile-first interfaces
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, and user experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Considerable experience working with Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite
- Commanding grasp of user-centered design practices, rapid ideation tools
- Excel at mentoring teams and clients on best-in-class UI/ interaction experience design
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) with a positive, helpful, and team-focused mentality
- Strong portfolio with examples of recent digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
- Experience working in social media is a plus
- Bonus points for past work on large-scale sweepstakes and promotions
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.