Senior Experience Designer at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
We are seeking an emerging design leader to join our Experience Design team. He or she will influence product strategy, help organize our UX standards, be a collaborative contributor, and lead product prototyping and UX design work. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about design and change the current grocery landscape. We prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product and development teams. We collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to act well with minimal direction.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success- What’s “in store” for the role
- Ensure user focus throughout the product design process
- Ensure design solutions are user-centric and business goals are met
- Understand and advocate for our users
- Help define design strategy, UX architecture, style guides, and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience across all the internal brand clients
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Drive conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes
- Work with product owners to develop and evangelize new product ideas
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience working with or conducting your own research, presenting results and acting on those results
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices is a requirement for application
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for browsers across platforms (responsive), mobile apps and touch-screen interfaces
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision and Keynote
- Success in creating innovative and user-friendly designs on consumer-facing websites
- Experience with online commerce, shopping, and checkout
- Experience applying Accessibility best practices (WCAG)
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.