Senior Graphic Designer at Wintrust Financial Corporation (Chicago, IL)
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
Why join this team?
- Building an agile, world-class team structured with a Fintech startup mindset.
- Opportunity for digital savvy and entrepreneurial marketers to make big impacts - not just a cog in the wheel.
- Close, collaborative culture that celebrates diverse backgrounds, thinking, and ideas.
What You'll Do
- Lead and collaborate with junior designers and copywriters
- Create innovative and on-brand emails, landing pages, and display/social ads, print advertisements, postcards, brochures, and more, in association with marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Learn and understand Wintrust's product line and their disclosures
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative with the customer journey in mind.
- Listen to design needs, come up with ideas and communicate them to leadership and other members of the team. Balance creative instincts with data learnings to optimize creative assets
- Produce clean, organized, and technically accurate files that are ready to share with other designers, printers and/or developers.
- Be a constant learner, with a passion for making things better by actively keeping ahead of the curve and exploring of tools, trends/best practices, and styles as well as advertising and design styles
- Design eye-catching digital assets that lead to higher levels of engagement and increased click-through rates, as well as sales growth where possible.
- Research up-to-date and emerging technologies and developments in the design field and implement them when appropriate.
Present designs and key deliverables to peers and department management
Other duties may be assigned based on skill, knowledge, and proficiencies
- 7-10 years of professional experience in graphic design and marketing
- Highly developed skills in Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Handle running multiple projects every day that are at different stages of approval
- A portfolio with digital emphasis that clearly demonstrates strengths in concepting, creative thinking, and has a clean design aesthetic.
- Comfortable with following a corporate brand style guide
- Experience working with the nuances of legal disclosure on marketing a plus
- Experience in an in-house corporate design agency or agency creative department a plus
- Knowledge of Workfront and Bannersnack is a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Word)
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.