Senior Lead Product Designer at SpotOn
Product Designer (UI/UX)
SpotOn is a fast-growing payments, marketing, and loyalty platform. We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
We are seeking a talented Product Designer that is eager to learn, grow and contribute to shaping the future of SpotOn. As part of a small and expanding design team, you’ll have a chance to play a major role in growing our organization.
This position requires an innovative designer, a designer that is a self-starter, a team player, and a skilled communicator — all rolled into one. Hands-on design skills, a thorough understanding of web and mobile applications, and excellent collaboration skills are all essential for this role.
What You Will Do
- Partner with product, data analytics, user research, QA, and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for SpotOn products.
- Plan and conduct user research studies to inform your design choices.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation & specifications for your work.
- Work closely with engineers and partners to ensure that the user experience is polished and as intended.
- Use a variety of metrics to evaluate and continuously improve the user experience.
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback.
- Play an active role as a mentor and coordinator of more junior designers.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior product designer with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early-stage ideation through high fidelity design to product ship (consumer-facing and internal products).
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and advocate for complex design ideas clearly and persuasively, influencing peers and leaders.
- Fluency in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability fundamentals and techniques.
- Experience participating in and conducting usability and qualitative studies.
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, and web along with a basic working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and native mobile technologies.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of information design skills and problem-solving applying the user-experience design methodology: concept sketches, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI designs for web and mobile.
- Examples of visual and UI mastery, including methodology and production assets are encouraged.
- Experience with Figma / XD and prototyping tools.
What We Offer
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours in a fun, relaxed, work environment
- Downtown location, less than 5 minutes from several sources of public transit
- Kitchen stocked with espresso, soda, coffee, and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.