Senior Manager, User Interfaces at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an individual with proven experience running an Enterprise UI/UX team and establishing a new vision of how design can transform the entire customer experience. Our creative UI team consists of User Experience and Visual Designers and is an essential piece of our Software Development Lifecycle at CCC.
The right candidate has helped build this function at other companies, and their passion and creativity have defined how these companies develop user interfaces. Collaboration, communication and presentations skills are essential, as this position will present to management, our C level executives as well as customers. This individual is also excited to be hands-on and not solely focused on team management.
The Senior Manager will report to the Vice President R&D and will also be a part of many new projects that are part of our Innovation Foundry, an internal innovation/startup incubator. Projects range from Augmented Reality, estimating via drones all the way to our bleeding edge Artificial Intelligence capabilities. This individual will also work closely with the Strategy team and the Director of UI in Product Management to help define the future vision of User Interfaces for CCC.
- Manage a team of resources, mentor interns, provide goals and career development opportunities, write performance reviews
- Build relationships with various functional and product teams within the company
- Continue to develop and enhance our UI/UX processes and design sprints
- Design a variety of web and mobile based experiences in a collaborative environment
- Create wireframes and interactive prototype designs
- Conduct usability testing, synthesize data and generate usability reports
- Possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, proactively working with other team members to achieve an optimal solution for our products
- Work closely with stakeholders in order to understand user goals and project requirements, and translate them into functional, clean, and simple to use designs
- Ensure clarity between functional design and development is met and provide clear design guidance to software engineers for implementation
- Maintain high quality and efficient turnaround of design work amidst competing requirements and potentially short deadlines
- Present visually so that information is easy to digest and understand
- MUST provide a link to an online portfolio with digital design work examples
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in visual design, computer science, HCI/Human factors, or similar
- At least 7 - 10 years of total experience in the User Experience field
- Experience designing and standing up a UX Lab for a Software Company
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Lean approaches
- Experience planning, coordinating, conducting, and reporting usability studies and user research. Examples of this must be visible in digital portfolio
- Ability to communicate your ideas and designs clearly and effectively
- Experience in Visual Design, Front End, or Copywriting skills is a plus
- Experience in data visualization is a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!