Senior Manager, UX Research
About The Opportunity
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-then Grubhub is the place for you!
As Senior Manager, you will lead a team of researchers who design research plans, recruit users, facilitate research studies, analyze results, and present insights. Additionally, you will advocate for our users by working with the Design and Product organization. This might mean working with our partners to ensure we are asking the right questions, identifying overlooked research opportunities and looking for education opportunities regarding best practices, breaking down silos, etc.
The Grubhub User Experience Research team is looking for a leader to take our UX research practice to the next level and influence product strategy by partnering with multiple teams. You will bring an expertise in mixed methods research; oversee strategic research at all stages of the customer lifecycle; and guide the strategy, impact and maturity of research at Grubhub. You will report to the VP, Product Design.
The Impact You Will Make
- As the voice of the customer, challenge and enhance the customer experience in a data-driven environment
- Build relationships and partner with business stakeholders to gain access and insights directly from the core participants of our three-sided marketplace (Diners, Restaurants & Fulfillment)
- Influence a diverse set of partners within Diner, Fulfillment, Restaurant & Care teams through excellent and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development
- Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted
- Draw qualitative and quantitative data from the work of our experienced research team and know how to turn those insights into solutions
- Put the needs of our varied set of users front and center and driving, through influence and well-constructed presentations of insights, the user experience strategy of our many products
- Create an analysis function that obsesses over Grubhub vs. competitor feature gaps, new competitor feature releases, and new competitor experiments
- Create a regular rhythm and format to distribute insights to the broader product organization
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of practical, in-house product and/or digital consumer-facing ux research on a variety of devices/platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet)
- 3+ years of industry experience managing team of researchers through skills and career growth
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
- Demonstrated capability and ownership of working directly with business stakeholders to identify, plan and implement generative research opportunities
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, concept testing, online qualitative tools, survey design, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A/B testing
- Experience with implementing and managing Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs
- Use verbal and data visualization to bring company partners on your user journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- Demonstrable success influencing product development spanning multiple user-types
New York Salary Range: $174,000-$229,000
The Base Pay component of our Total Rewards package is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to: job responsibilities, location, experience and, education/certifications. In addition to the pay component, this role may be eligible for equity and benefits as part of the Total Rewards package. The Total Rewards package will be determined at the time a contingent offer is made
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. We believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, and provide our employees opportunities to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected].