Senior Mobile UX Designer
Current is the first streaming platform that pays you, not the other way around. We provide free access to over 100,000 music stations and reward our users for time spent listening. We are working on a more equitable business model that aligns interests and rewards listeners while also providing more value to advertisers. Throughout the streaming experience, users can opt-in to complete offers, share information, and engage with sponsored content to earn up to $600 per year.
Our goal is to provide a fantastic free music experience and additional income for the 90% of the world who can’t afford a paid streaming service, by sharing the revenue generated from their attention and personal data. We believe this business model will become the standard in the years to come and will transform the way human attention is measured and monetized.
We are well-financed with several years of runway.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross functional product teams.
- Create alignment with other product teams while working with the mobile product team to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables.
- Conduct usability testing and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
Who You Are
- You love solving problems
- You have an insatiable curiosity and love to learn
- You love to explore and experiment
- You love using both sides of your brain
- You aren’t afraid of being wrong – you are a truth seeker
- You aren’t afraid to give and receive feedback
- You take your craft and your field seriously
- You love beautiful things
- You are a systems thinker and a design thinker
- You never lose sight of the vision and know that small changes add up to huge results
- You do sweat the details
- You care deeply
- You care about the people you work with
- You care about the people you design for
- You care about great design that is grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data driven mobile applications for both iOS and Android.
- Deep understanding of both Material Design and iOS Human Interaction Guidelines.
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self motivated and enthusiastic; knows when it's necessary to seek out guidance.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Sketch, InVision, Principal, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to influence and work successfully with teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
- Competitive benefits package (salary, bonus, equity, and tokens).
- Unlimited time-off when you need it.
- Option for remote work.
- 401K match.
- Work with highly curated high caliber people.
- Unlimited drinks, snacks, wine, beer, and more.
- Breakfast and lunch weekly.