Senior Product Designer
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About The Product Design Team
We empower our users through meaningful, usable, and valuable products and services by redefining the way they physically and digitally interact with the retail experience. We achieve this through a customer-focused, research-driven, and principled product organization that is comfortable taking risks. Trust in ourselves, our team, and our company allows us to take those risks, opening doors to innovation.
Our team works on a wide variety of projects across the business. We collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Research, and Data Scientists to create amazing experiences for users both inside and outside of Trunk Club. Our web applications are used in fulfillment centers, on the computers of every one of our stylists, and by every Trunk Club customer.
We encourage and foster a culture of experimentation, collaboration, and ownership. If you see a problem, fix it. If you need help, ask for it. If you can help someone else, do it.
What You’ll Do
In this role you’ll be supporting the Customer team, where you’ll be partnering with PMs to define the scope of projects, conduct research, write project briefs, create architecture and flows to articulate the solutions, prototype, test, and pair with engineers to deliver the final product.
The Customer team focuses on the end to end journey our users take — from sign-up and on-boarding throughout the customer lifecycle. This year, the Customer team will be tackling one of the largest changes in Trunk Club history, which will effect the course of the business for years to come. We are looking for someone up to the challenge.
What your Day Might Look Like
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user requirements by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Participate in running usability studies, collecting and reacting to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Define UX and UI requirements by working directly with your design director, product manager, and engineering team to execute a consistent experience across systems and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, pixel-perfect design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Collaborate on our evolving design system.
Who You Are
- You have tangible experience building dynamic web and mobile applications.
- You are passionate about user-centered design, turning the complex to simple.
- You are passionate about learning.
- You are a collaborator.
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and talking to users, out in the field, a lot!
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Trunk Club experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
- Have the self-motivation to drive projects forward that have an undefined direction
What Your Background May Look Like
- A product design degree complemented with professional UX/UI experience.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for web, iOS, and Android with a strength in mobile design
- Demonstrated ability to use visuals to communicate your design intent.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- You’re able to generate ideas quickly without a lot of background information or parameters.
- Comfort in leading teams through the product design phase of a project.
- Desire and experience in prototyping.
- Proficient using Adobe Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools (framer, principle, invision) or equivalent would be a plus.
- Bonus points! - you are comfortable in React.
A Few of Our Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Learning and career growth budget
- Comprehensive benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly team building
- Mentoring opportunities
- Nordstrom discount
- Open loft offices
- Research and Workshop room