Senior Product Designer
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Senior Designers have the greatest impact with our customers by turning bold new ideas into tangible product and experiences. At various stages of the process this can mean different things; whether it’s setting up and conducting research, building out quick and dirty prototype concepts for user testing, or partnering with product managers and engineers to deliver final designs - your ability to bring your team’s ideas to life will directly correlate to engaged users and excited customers!
What you’ll do
- Design – Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as conceptual models, personas, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions. Collaborate and develop documentation as needed to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation through the implementation of engaging, high-quality user experiences.
- Leadership - Advocate for an integrated, consistent experience across the end-to-end product experience. Promote user-centered business decisions by influencing and educating across organization about UX best practices. Prioritize key UX initiatives and identify and track metrics.
- People Management - Manage and mentor a lean and talented design team. Promote user-centered decision-making based on cohesive design principles and patterns. Develop relationships with design firms and independent contractors to support flexing as needed against projects.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to new functions and features
- Collaborate - Partner with PMs, engineers, and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
Who you are
- Excited and comfortable about the ambiguous nature of designing complex products in a fast moving environment
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate high performing designers and researchers.
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- Thrive on feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple and intuitive user-centered designs
- Experience with Sketch and Invision (or similar to Invision)
- 5+ years of experience in user-centered research and design across web, mobile, and desktop applications.
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners implementing best in class user experiences.
- With transparency. We have an open layout. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We are continually evolving our creative process. Be ready to work and think outside the box, often on tight deadlines.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Trunk Club University - our growth program which allows for development opportunities
- Career growth budget for conferences or other career development
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!