Senior UI/UX Product Designer
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
About the Design Team
The Product Experience Design team at Outcome Health is responsible for customer-centric research and design across a variety of customer touchpoints. We are a high impact team and work in close collaboration with all teams and levels of the company in improving our understanding of customers’ needs, helping the larger organization understand these needs, and using design as a way to solve for these needs together.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end design of a variety of products for Patients and Health Care Providers, including web platforms, mobile apps, and kiosks. As a member of a small team that is preparing for strategic growth, you will play a key role in bringing clarity out of ambiguity, uncovering the right customer problems to solve, using your design expertise to lead and rapidly iterate on validating the right solutions to these problems, and working together with Product Management and Engineering to ship these solutions. This role reports to the Director of Product Experience Design.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Product Management, Engineering, and other teams and stakeholders across the company,
- Conducting various research activities to uncover customer needs (which may include foundational research, conducting user and customer interviews during discovery, and leading user testing throughout and following the design & development process), analyzing these findings, and translating these into artifacts that inform the design process,
- Solving for user needs through information architecture, taxonomy and navigational structure design, and guiding the overall user experience throughout the product,
- Writing user stories and/or assisting with Sprint planning in collaboration with Engineering and Product Management,
- Turning low fidelity concepts into to high fidelity designs that properly communicate the design intent to stakeholders and Engineering (mockups, interactive prototypes, etc.),
- Translating the design intent into reality through design specifications and asset creation, working alongside Engineering on a regular basis, and using clear written and verbal communication to support these efforts
Qualifications - Required
- 6+ years experience designing digital experiences/products, with a focus on integrating user research into the design process,
- Proven ability to apply the necessary User Research, UX Design, UI Design, and Visual Design skills and processes as priorities demand, and able to move between each of these areas of focus with agility and speed,
- A passion for design, learning, growing, and evolving, and desire to be part of an organization that shares these passions,
- Comfortable working within an often ambiguous startup environment, and able to balance multiple competing priorities simultaneously,
- Able to have informed discussions with Web and Android developers about how they plan to build your design, and humble enough to evolve your plans based on their input,
- Familiar with current design tools and/or able to pick them up quickly (e.g. Sketch, Figma, InVision, XD etc.), and not afraid to get your hands dirty and comfortable digging into, editing, and perhaps even writing your own HTML/CSS/JS or other code
Qualifications - Bonus Points
- Strong Visual/UI Design experience,
- Experience in the world of Healthcare,
- Experience conducting Design Sprints, or leading cross-functional collaboration/discussions/workshops,
- Experience designing admin interfaces, Android apps and/or Kiosks
Please provide your portfolio, in a format of your choice that best represents you and your past work.
- Note: You will not be expected to ‘take home’ a design exercise as part of this hiring process. Your portfolio and ability to communicate how you work, think, and approach problem solving will be relied upon to demonstrate past success.
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Read Full Job Description