Senior User Experience (UX) Designer at Virgil Holdings Inc.
About the Role
Virgil is seeking a Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer with extraordinary product and user experience design capabilities and who wants to own all aspects of the product experience. In this role, you will have the capability to lead the product design of a revolutionary career navigation and recruiting platform. This role also requires a data and research-centered approach to product development and the ability to translate business requirements to the engineering team.
You will be responsible for the product design and user experience for the Hcareers product suite. Your work will include re-imagining the front-end job seeker experience; implementing new revenue generation and candidate search models into our recruiter experience; and developing real-time data administrative dashboards for our internal team. You will work closely with the Directors of UX, Product, and Engineering to make the product vision a reality. The position will also work close with other functional areas within the organization including sales, customer success and marketing to make sure that the product addresses critical needs of all stakeholders.
About Virgil Holdings
Virgil Holdings Inc. (VHI) owns and operates technology-enabled solutions in the human capital space, including Hcareers and Virgil Careers. Hcareers is the leading talent recruitment brand and platform in the hospitality industry in North America. With more than 5 million registered job seekers and 3,500 active recruiting customers, Hcareers has developed one of the most venerable brands in the hospitality industry. Virgil Careers is a career assessment and navigation platform that enables job seekers to assess their competitiveness for any career in < 90 seconds, delivers them a personalized skill development roadmap, and connects them to employment opportunities. VHI is unique in that we have all the elements of a start-up environment, yet we are highly profitable, private equity backed, and have a very large paying customer and active user base.
Virgil offers a creative environment for employees to take on exciting challenges and make an impact in the Company’s overall product strategy. We operate in a fun, casual work space and have great benefits, including competitive salary with annual bonus, generous PTO allowance, medical/dental/vision/disability insurance, 401(k), flexible work from home options, and stocked kitchen.
- Lead design efforts on refining our core platform functions to increase adoption and engagement
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers in a dual-track Scrum workflow, building large, complex digital products
- Own the entire design process, from research to UI execution
- Proficient with Sketch and InVision, and always evaluating the right tools for the job
- Design and deliver a user experience that makes it easy and intuitive to generate and manage insights
- Refine the visual design language for all our products and our design system
- Work iteratively based on internal and customer feedback through transparency and inclusion
- Help manage client relationships within the context of the product design process, such as leading workshops and design reviews
- Research, user personas, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, user testing plans, interface designs, style guides, and more
- 5 to 8 years of UX and/or UI design experience working with digital products
- Strong professional experience designing digital consumer and Sass products
- Proven ability to conduct user research
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your intentional design decisions
- A professional portfolio of product-focused design work demonstrating the thoughtfulness of your process and the breadth of your skills
- A self-starter mindset, willingness to proactively look for opportunities to grow our design practice, and eagerness to constantly share new design knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing and executing user testing initiatives a plus
- Agency, large consultancy, or product company background a plus
Compensation is competitive based on experience
Full benefits package