Senior UX Designer - Chicago
You’re more than an advocate for the user – you have a vision for what truly great experiences can be. As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll take what users want, need, and expect from the products we create, and push those expectations into the realm of artistry for responsive websites, software applications, and mobile products. You are innovative, quick-thinking, and know what’s happening in the digital space, where it’s going, and how to take your client’s project to the next level. Your UX design skills are second to none, and you have a knack for making complex information clear for clients, project managers, design, engineering, and quality assurance analysts alike.
Work you’ll do
Interact extensively with clients and serve as the voice of the user while accommodating customer needs and technical requirements.
Work closely with clients, project managers, design, engineering, and quality assurance.
Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch.
Clearly articulate and defend your design decisions in front of teams and clients.
Identify the best methods for user research and testing within client constraints.
Work within agile methodology.
Provide strategic solutions for early stage project planning.
Independently deliver on projects and lead others on the team.
Ability to foster trusting relationships with colleagues and clients.
Commercial Excellence & Experience
Our Commercial Excellence & Experience team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the “creative digital consultancy” real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
- Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
- Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
- Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
- DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
Five plus years of relevant industry and/or consulting experience.
At least three years of experience creating highly detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows within complex applications.
In-depth knowledge with user interface patterns for mobile, web, and responsive design.
High proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools such as Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Willingness to travel up to 10 percent.
Willingness to mentor and develop junior staff.