Senior UX Researcher
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
About the Design Team
About the Design Team
The Product Experience Design team at Outcome Health is responsible for customer-centric research and design across a variety of customer touchpoints. We are a high impact team and work in close collaboration with all teams and levels of the company in improving our understanding of customers’ needs, helping the larger organization understand these needs, and using design as a way to solve for these needs together.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will be responsible for operationalizing strategic research initiatives across the company (ResearchOps), coaching and training others in working to understand our customers’ needs, designing and conducting a variety of tactical research efforts, analyzing the results of these efforts, translating your analysis and recommendations into actionable insights, and integrating user research into our product development process. The ideal candidate for this role values outcomes over outputs, knows that proving a hypothesis wrong is a success, and is obsessed with customer-centricity. This role reports to the Director of Product Experience Design.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and conducting a variety of Qualitative and Quantitative Research efforts in order to uncover customer needs (including foundational qualitative research, customer interviews, and user testing throughout and following the design & development process),
- Performing analysis on research results, formulating recommendations for which customer problems to solve, and translating this analysis into a digestible format for distribution to internal stakeholders (artifacts may include customer/user journeys, empathy maps, personas, etc.),
- Defining research strategy and tactics across all stages of the product design & development process (ongoing, foundational, discovery, user testing, feature and product validation, etc)
- Conducting usability tests to ensure we are solving for each customers’ needs in the right way (and are able to quickly adapt and pivot when we aren’t),
- Working with Product Management and Product Analytics to evolve on-device analytics to ensure we’re measuring what matters and ensuring customer success in our products,
- Managing relationships with external research firms as needed
Qualifications - Required
- 6+ years of user experience research experience,
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of user research methodologies, and expertise around when to utilize the most appropriate approach,
- Able to formulate research questions, create research plans to address those questions, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights,
- Experience designing and conducting ethnographic research, usability studies, and surveys,
- Experience designing qualitative discussion guides and conducting foundational qualitative interview research studies,
- Experience integrating user research into the product design and development process,
- Strong background in analyzing research data, translating these insights and findings into artifacts that are actionable, compelling, and easy to understand across a variety of internal and external audiences (e.g. executive leadership, cross-functional teams, customer support, product management, and external customers as needed)
Qualifications - Bonus Points
- 2+ years experience designing digital experiences/products (UX Design, UI Design, or Visual Design)
- Experience in the world of Healthcare,
- Experience conducting Design Sprints, workshops, or leading cross-functional collaboration/discussions
Please provide your portfolio or collection of case studies/examples, in a format of your choice that best represents you and your past work.
- Note: You will not be expected to ‘take home’ a design exercise as part of this hiring process. Your portfolio and ability to communicate how you work, think, and approach problem solving will be relied upon to demonstrate past success.
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Read Full Job Description