Senior UX/UI Designer
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, DRIVIN (powered by KAR) is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for world-class individuals to join our team of creative technologists, forward-thinking sales and marketing professionals, entrepreneurial hackers and visionary data scientists. We are committed to offering our employees top benefits and perks, including medical, dental, vision, tech subsidies, and much more.
We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
DRIVIN (powered by KAR) is seeking a highly experienced Senior UX/UI Designer. In this role you will focus on multiple facets of the design process including UX research, interaction design, data visualization, prototyping, and the production of high fidelity mockups ready for development. You will collaborate and work closely with product owners and developers to design intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile products. You will work as a project leader and manage multiple projects, prioritizing UX tasks, and working independently to accomplish final end-user prototypes and designs. Must be able to verbally communicate your design ideas and create/transfer completed Sketch designs, using rapid prototyping applications such as Invision and/or Axure. You will be the lead designer for SCRUM meetings and manage the transition from preliminary design to final development.
• Take ideas from low fidelity UX design to high fidelity UI design
• Exercise extreme attention to detail in all aspects of your work
• Distill complicated visual problems into simple and elegant solutions
• Tell stories using data that can be quickly understood and allow users to act on
• Work in an iterative workflow process and thrive in an environment with short
• 5+ years of experience in product design
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles
• Strong visual design and typographic skills
• Proficiency using design tools including Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
• Experience using rapid prototyping applications such as InVision and/or Axure
• Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
• Experience with responsive web and mobile app design standards as well as
understanding of technical constraints and UX best practices
• An impressive portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of design solutions
for both web and mobile devices
• Proven success in managing time, accomplishing tasks and exceeding goals
• Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders
• Front-end development knowledge (HTML, CSS) is a plus
• Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
In this role, you’ll be working on our next generation transportation technologies that includes portal dashboards and applications for both web and mobile devices. Excellent time management skills and ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.