Senior UX/UI Designer
SPINS is seeking a world class Senior UX/UI Designer to help define the user experience across our portfolio of products.
Who We Are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What You Will Do
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from supporting conceptualizing of ideas to tweaking pixels right before launch. Working closely with product managers and engineers — you will have a strategic role in defining the experience across our portfolio of products.
- Create user interface designs that bring simplicity and clarity to complex concepts that fit frictionless into our customer’s workflows.
- Produce wireframes, storyboards, user journeys, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction, design ideas, content navigation and research findings.
- Guarantee consistency with established standards and style guides.
- Participate with conceptualizing ideas to solutions to complex design problems.
- Openness to assist with the analysis of customer research.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 5 years of proven UI design experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design or equivalent
- Strong portfolio that illustrates abductive reasoning and problem-solving skills as well as an exceptional eye for detail in final products and interaction design.
- Excellent visual design skills with solid understanding of human factors and its implications to UI design.
- Experience in data visualization is a big plus.
- Mastery of user-centered design principles and cross-platform, multi-channel development processes (responsive design).
- Work in Agile environment.
- Solid expertise in creating wireframes (low and high-fidelity) storyboards, journey maps, user personas, process diagrams and site maps.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator; Zeplin, inVision, Axure and wire-framing tools or similar tools
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present a thought-out rationale for design decisions.
- Experience gathering user feedback (e.g., 3rd party usability studies) is a big plus.
The SPINS Way
- Vibrant – Passionate about driving health and wellness
- Disruptor – We aren’t afraid to do things differently
- Connected – Work as a team with others; build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 wellness program
The Best Candidates - Will address each of the bullets above with concrete examples from real work experience.