Sr. UX Designer
ABOUT AUGMENTED INTELLIGENCE: Augmented Intelligence seeks to transform the social services sector by unlocking the power of artificial intelligence and natural language processing (NLP) to improve operations and practice, drive quality improvements, and help social services agencies more effectively partner with healthcare systems to improve the wellbeing of their communities.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for our first UX Designer to join our Chicago office and help take our products and company to the next level. User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love and that help them provide the best care for people receiving social services. Our designers work hand-in-hand with product managers, software engineers and our customers to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences. Our products have grand ambitions to improve the world, but every initiative begins with a humble, genuine effort to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
- You will work in a cross-functional team of engineers and product management.
- You will define, plan and conduct mixed-methods user-research—whether basic research to uncover user insights, or more focused research to understand specific opportunities.
- You will design flows, sketches, high-fidelity visuals and prototypes to communicate and validate ideas.
- You will engage in continuous product discovery to refine understanding, uncover new opportunities and validate ongoing designs.
- You will be expected to tackle data visualization, workflow, and communication tools across web and mobile platforms.
- You will deliver experiences that delight the senses and satisfy the needs of each customer.
- You have worked for at least 2 years, in-house, in a user research, UX or product design role on enterprise web or mobile products.
- You have broad experience with qualitative research methods.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating user research.
- You take responsibility for every part of the design process, from understanding user stories and validating your design decisions, to polishing interfaces and working with engineers to implement your designs.
- You are can help bridge between the UX and front-end development worlds, to ensure fluid collaboration. E.g. you are conversant enough in the tools of modern front-end development to produce the occasional clickable prototype, to help developers set up their design systems and component libraries to match yours, to collaboratively improve or critique how developers translate your designs into code, etc.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently with case workers, client c-suite, other designers, engineers, etc.
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development.
- You are passionate about developing deep empathy for all user and stakeholders—from end-users to administrative or IT stakeholders—and for spreading that empathy with others in our organization who are less customer-connected.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of transforming the way that human services agencies serve and improve the wellbeing of their communities.