At higi, we believe that it should be easier for people to be their healthiest. The steps toward better health should be more accessible, affordable, and convenient.
That’s why we build innovative solutions that help people better understand and navigate their health and connect with the care and resources needed to manage and improve it.
Higi gives consumers unsurpassed access to track and act on their health data through our network of over 10,000 FDA-cleared smart health stations and over 80 integrated health devices and apps. higi stations are conveniently used nearly 1 million times per week at pharmacy retailers, community locations, and employer worksites nationwide.
Through the Higi network, our solutions engage and connect the consumer and their data in real-time with their trusted healthcare organizations to improve satisfaction, increase quality, and reduce cost.
Join higi in our mission to make the pursuit of health easier and more connected – a world in which every person can understand their health and take action to improve and maintain it.
Learn more at https://higi.com.
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced healthcare startup that defines the next generation of consumer engagement? Apply today!
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to join the Consumer Engagement team. This role will work closely with our Vice President, Consumer Engagement, UX designers, product managers, developers and QA engineers to create engaging interfaces that align with our style guide and resonate with our users. You’ll have the opportunity to lead the visual design end-to-end and to continually refine our approach to human-centered design and product development.
If you’re passionate about healthcare and improving the health of people’s lives, as well as determined, enthusiastic, collaborative, and results-driven, then we want you to apply today!
- Collaborate with key stakeholders’ cross-functionally (e.g., consumer experience, product management, and development) and clients to develop and propel creative brand strategy and to execute the most creative solutions for complex challenges
- Influence and evolve Higi’s current consumer brand, using our existing fundamental principles
- Demonstrate passion for detailed design, capturing the big picture and thinking next steps for long-term strategy and vision for identity management
- Generate original ideas and provide support to promote and grow our consumer brand; work closely with the consumer engagement team and clients to design, develop, and deploy programs that resonate with different populations / demographics
- Exhibit an innate ability to translate complex health topics into meaningful visual stories through beautiful imagery, infographics, and photography used across all digital / online channels
- Demonstrate high degrees of collaborative and eagerness to work with scrum team members, including product managers, developers and QA engineers in an iterative, Agile environment, designing and deploying solutions end-to-end
- Express strong capabilities to use modern ideation tools in group settings (e.g., whiteboarding, sketch sessions with Google Design Sprints, etc.) to inform design concepts
- Demonstrate high comfort with exploring multiple design concepts and proposing different variations with the goal of prototyping quickly to gain team, stakeholder, and user feedback and alignment
- Express strong capabilities in gathering and using data to make data-driven decisions
- Support your design work with strong data, using all available insights including quantitative data and site metrics, consumer feedback, and usability findings
- Iterate on and build new visual UI designs across three platforms: Station (kiosk), web, and mobile -- based on our existing design language
- Design, organize, and maintain production-level files and assets
- Foster positive team interactions amongst all departments; maintain a positive attitude; self-direct and self-motivate; generate fresh ideas
- Other duties as assigned
We’re excited about you because you are / have / demonstrate the following:
- A B.A. in Fine Art Design or a related degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience in visual interface for a consumer brand role (healthcare experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent visual design skills; extra consideration for animation and motion graphics experience
- Passionate about staying on top of design trends, technology, responsive web design, user experience and front end development
- Proficiency in the following:
- the Adobe Suite, Figma, InVision
- iOS human interface guidelines and Android material design standards
- Responsive web design
- Managing tickets in Jira
- Understanding cross-browser compatibility issues
- High motivation and self-start / self-direction with a strong sense of purpose and urgency. Willing and able to make decisions with less than 100% / perfect information and to think bigger and push norms!
- Right and left brain balance – you can think strategically while putting your ideas into action, executing on the tactical work at hand
- A deep passion for healthcare and for helping to make it easier for people to be their healthiest
We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time off
- Paid Gym Membership
This is a full-time position that requires a presence in Chicago (no remote work options) and only for US citizens or Permanent Residents. CONTRACTORS, TELECOMMUTERS, PART-TIME APPLICANTS AND RECRUITERS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING.