UI/UX Design Manager at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is seeking a talented UI/UX Design Manager to lead our Product Design Team. The ideal candidate will be a talented designer and manager with a strong passion for creating user-centered digital experiences. You will lead a team to work closely with our global Content, Web Development, Product Development, Marketing teams and together, you will design, test and iterate the look and feel of new features for our web and mobile apps, while meeting the high standards of our brand.
As the UI/UX Design Manager, will be working on interpreting the company’s vision as well as adopting User Centered Design practices across projects, platforms, and services. The successful candidate will exhibit flexibility and adaptability to accommodate the changing environment inherent in successful, growing companies. The UI/UX Design Manager will also apply their skills to enhance and enrich user experience for our clients while demonstrating passion in creating new products with intuitive and modern design. The Designer will be expected to apply and design methodologies in order to successfully develop graphics and layouts while creating policies and procedures to facilitate a growing team.
The applicants for this role are reminded to attach a portfolio of their UX and UI work as part of the application.
- Create and review all design assets across all touch points & devices
- Review & optimize current user journeys to optimize new business
- Create interaction models,mock-ups, wireframes, and layouts that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with all new products and features
- Prepare prototypes for new product applications and features
- Maintain brand visual ID documentation and style guides
- Work collaboratively with the business stakeholders to understand the vision and requirements, and turn them into compelling marketing material
- Work closely with the following in-house teams: Design, Content, Web Development, Product Development, Marketing
- Be aware of technical possibilities and be able to liaise with technical teams to translate technical considerations into design
- Iterate your ideas and designs until you have achieved a good balance between technical constraints, business requirements and user needs
- Be responsive to the fast-paced financial markets environment and always maintain a meticulous attention to detail
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to create effective marketing campaigns
- Analyze analytics and qualitative data from user research and iterate until the product meets standards
- Work with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch
- Think creatively and justify concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine/ Graphic Arts or Design (or a comparable field of study)
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a UX/UI Designer, including research, design, prototype, UI and visual design 2+ years of management responsibilities in a UX or design team
- A portfolio that demonstrates previous works-samples of desktop, mobile and app design across all platforms
- Proven experience of linking user needs with business goals
- Demonstrable experience with Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Cloud);
- Previous experience working within Financial Services sector is highly desirable;
- Understanding of regulations that surround financial promotions is be highly advantageous;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and move fast between projects
- Commercially oriented – with an ability to design within brand guidelines, that deliver results through outstanding and innovative solutions
- Highly creative with a strong eye for detail
- Be self-motivated and show an ability to work autonomously
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.