UI/UX Designer - Naperville, IL
Are you a motivated individual who works well independently as well as on a team? Do you get excited about user-centered design solutions and have a keen eye for detail? Do you want to be part of a kick-ass team? Then we want you as our new Product Designer!
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website and digital marketing provider headquartered in Naperville, Illinois with offices across the United States. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the position:
METAL is the latest and greatest product within the Dealer Inspire ecosystem, paving the way to re-think Inventory Management Systems for Dealerships. With it’s clean, easy-to-navigate user interface, we are looking for a passionate, experienced product designer to help create cutting edge user interfaces to improve our newest product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creating wireframes, screen flows, prototypes and high-fidelity designs through user-centered design solutions that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience
- Own design problems end-to-end, from understanding our dealers, to pushing our thinking with a variety of solutions, to designing the detailed workflows and interfaces that bring those solutions to life.
- Working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to oversee the user experience through all stages of design and development
- Effective advocacy for and deep knowledge of the human centered design process
- Manage our design systems for consistency and reusability. Work with other product design teams to ensure that a consistent design language from all other Dealer Inspire products is applied to METAL for a cohesive suite of products.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Product Design, or relevant field
- Work experience as a product designer or similar role
- Experience with Sketch
- Experience with designing mobile-first
- An accomplished online portfolio showcasing user experience and design work for desktop and mobile devices
- Excellent project management skills and organization.
- A burning desire to solve problems ranging from big-picture strategy to the fine details
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Experience with prototyping in Invision is a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is a plus
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.