We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to be a key member of the product team, working cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver a superior mobile healthcare experience for consumers. You will be getting in on the ground floor to not only build best-in-class consumer digital products, but also build our company.
This is not your average UX design role – and it’s not for the uninspired. This is life in the venture-backed start-up world – the fast lane. It’s next-generation digital healthcare. You will own the Yaro user experience, directly impacting consumers throughout their healthcare journeys with user-centered design and content.
Yaro is building digital products that put consumers in the center of their healthcare. We’re an experience transformation engine putting the consumer first, so that it’s simple to make smart benefits choices, shop and pay for care, and establish financial well-being. We work with health plans, providers, and health systems to serve members as consumers, delivering better health outcomes, increased transparency, and lower costs. We want to have a continuous stream of diverse, smart engineers and designers who are excited and hungry to use software to solve challenging problems that immediately impact lives.
- Guided by clarity. We start with people - our clients, our users, and our team. By approaching our work with focus, transparency, and intention, we are clear on our priorities and what needs to get done and when.
- Building with intensity. Our passion has purpose, and that purpose drives us to build and sustain momentum. Staying agile and efficient gives us the ability to build and adapt quickly and securely. We want to get things done: built, launched, and making positive impact.
- Working in community. As team members, we radically collaborate in trusting relationships and create something we’re proud of. Bringing diverse experiences, perspectives, and skills, we build together as a company, with partners, and as part of the healthcare community.
In your role as a UX Designer, you’ll become the voice of our consumers. You will use your expertise in UX design, content strategy, and product development to deliver a revolutionary healthcare navigation experience for Yaro’s users. If you’re passionate about creating delightful cross platform mobile applications along with building team and strategy on a mobile-first consumer product, we would love to talk to you.
- You can’t stop obsessing over our end-users and are excited about new ways to use data, design, and content to continuously create a better customer experience.
- You embody empathy – you gain huge satisfaction from improving people’s lives through superior experiences.
- You’re passionate about the company’s vision of radically simplifying the consumer healthcare journey to improve consumer experience, quality of care and reduce healthcare costs.
- You instinctively identify ways to improve every product you touch.
- You are a design-thinking advocate and get excited about design sessions.
- You think big! You insist on the highest standards, strive to automate all processes, and focus on scale. The details matter.
- You GSD and take ownership to drive results – You are organized, efficient and productive.
- You level up daily - Every day is a new opportunity to learn something new, take on a new challenge, and find a solution.
- You are analytical – You solve problems with quantitative and qualitative data and can tell the user story to our clients or internal teams
- You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize.
About Your Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor to the product development process, including consumer/market research, competitive analysis, wireframing, prototyping, content creation, and design/usability testing
- Partner with our UI designer, product manager, and engineering team to create a differentiated UX that delivers value to our clients and continues to bring our users back onto our platform
- Become a Yaro product expert, knowing every user journey, capability, and feature like the back of your hand. You will help drive our product strategy/roadmap and bring them to life.
- Continuously improve/simplify the UX through persona development and iterative user testing/feedback
- Help create marketing and communication toolkits for clients to drive consumer engagement
About You in the Role:
You’re perfect in this role if you can blend UX design and content strategy, especially within mobile; having a few years of solid experience and/or a degree will really make sure you excel. It’s your work that counts. (Sorry new grads, but we need a couple years under your belt at this point in our evolution.) Specific experience can include:
- UX design experience (product research, persona development, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, and product testing) with consumer mobile/web apps
- UX writing and content strategy experience across a variety of products/mediums, such as mobile apps, web apps, web content, blogs, and social media
You’re a design tool ninja and are constantly thinking about how to optimize the toolset between a variety of tools covering the UX design spectrum, like:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Survey tools
- Mindmapping tools
- User testing applications (e.g. UserTesting.com / Usability Hub)
- Google Docs
- Bonus (not required): Wordpress and/or HTML/CSS
You pride yourself on having the flexibility and agility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment – No task is deemed “not my job”, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help.
You lean towards a process-focused approach, with strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail. We’d especially love it if you have a basic understanding of Agile and Scrum
If you’re familiar with the healthcare industry and/or have a interest in health and wellness experience, you’ll get the most out of your work. If not, it’s okay. We can get you excited.
Perks of the Job:
- The chance to help build a platform and a company - you will make an impact here!
- Work alongside talented minds to learn and deliver more as a team than any individual could on his/her own
- Professional development and personal “brand” development through active participation in industry conferences, local ecosystem events and support for personal passion projects aligned with Yaro’s mission and values
- Competitive salary, bonus potential and stock option eligibility
- Open PTO and flexible work hours
- We're currently right on Michigan Avenue, but moving soon to the WeWork at 515 N State
- Access to all WeWork amenities, plus the building’s lounge, gym, and secure bike room
- Health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Team events and happy hours
- Parental leave
About the Team:
Yaro is an impassioned work environment built by a diverse group with a strong sense of community. We’re here to revolutionize healthcare, put the power in the hands of the customer, and provide a inspiring and meaningful place to work. (We’re also pretty fun.) Join us!