UX Designer at Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who We Are
The Marketing Team at Trunk Club encompasses a wide range of functions that help us deliver best in class strategies to grow our dynamic business. Whether you like web design, creating compelling social content, building brands, PR or finding new ways to drive loyalty, we've got a team for you. We're a passionate, creative, data-driven group that enjoy marrying great design and compelling ideas into marketing and advertising that gets people excited about Trunk Club.Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related fields
- Strong UX design background including 5-7+ years of web design experience
- Mobile first & responsive site design experience
- Solid experience in creating conceptual designs, wireframes and storyboards
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite and/or other visual design and wireframing tools; working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 a plus
- Excellent understanding of conversion design, interactive design, information architecture, usability and responsive web design principles
- A keen eye for branding, typography and layout hierarchy
- Ability to seek inspiration for designs independently or collaboratively within team environment
- Demonstrates collaborative and professional work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Openness to receiving design direction and feedback
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, motivated, organized, flexible, and accountable
- Possess a portfolio demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
Using passion for UX design you will manage all phases of the user experience design process to provide seamless digital assets that deliver on customer needs and business goals.
The successful candidate will possess multi-faceted web design experience as well as a client-first focused attitude. Your positive, can-do attitude and expert web design skills will help us elevate the Trunk Club brand while providing our audiences with multiple ways to engage and interact with our styling services.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess a combination of UX and visual/brand design experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design full spectrum of web based assets from concept to completion while working within the parameters of the brand guidelines, creative briefs, and project objectives
- Exhibit diversity and range within your design skill set to complete various projects including company website, blog, campaign-focused landing pages, email, and more
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Continually iterate, test, improve, and optimize TrunkClub.com in order to influence prospective and current customers to take desired actions
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to our team members and other key stakeholders
- Actively contribute to creative input sessions, brainstorming sessions, regular status updates, internal meetings and client meetings
- Collaborate with creative director, team members and project managers to ensure projects and deliverables align with overall campaign concept direction and promote a seamless consumer brand experience across all touchpoints
- Work cross-functionally to participate in all stages of design process, communicate timelines and status, and deliver materials that meet the needs of specific assignments
- Regularly communicate with developers to ensure designs translate accurately in final format
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop