VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
As a UX Designer at VillageMD, you will have the opportunity to help craft from the ground up, an exceptional user experience for our digital products and tools for our patients. You will be the first internal UX designer and lead the design efforts of the Village Medical mobile applications and web portal, while having immense influence on the overall consumer identity of our products.
What are examples of work that the UX Designer will do at VillageMD?
- Create and own the design system and frameworks that will support our consumer-facing products across web and mobile.
- Produce day-to-day deliverables including prototypes (low and high-fidelity), wireframes, user flows, and interaction notes aligned with the goals and priorities of the team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to craft an intuitive, cohesive, and delightful experiences from product conception through launch, as well as post-launch iteration.
- Prepare and conduct usability tests on design concepts and prototypes, both online and in-person.
- Dig up data that validates or invalidates ongoing product and design priorities and decisions.
- Speak with patients and clinicians to discover opportunities for us to improve.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to design at all stages of development while integrating ongoing user research, building from sketches and wireframes to prototypes to high-fidelity mockups.
- A comfort level with exploring multiple design concepts and proposing different variations.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and projects while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
- The ability to take sometimes vague conceptual ideas and define them into a useful and valuable product experience.
- Having and voicing a point-of-view on mobile and web design best practices.
- Desire to work on both very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Ability to effectively self-manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision.
- Presenting cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including clinical, business, product, and technology stakeholders).
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of professional UX design experience for web and mobile applications. Bonus if in a B2C environment.
- Design skills leaning toward flows and interactions, but still having a willingness to contribute to visual design execution if needed.
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, front and back-end engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of both Material Design and iOS Human Interaction Guidelines.
- Experience with modern design patterns, style guides, standard mobile paradigms, and responsive web design.
- Ability to see the challenge and mission of changing healthcare through the lens of the patient.
- Experience conducting both online and in-person UX research firsthand.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.