UX Manager at Nordstrom
Discover it Here!
When you join the Nordstrom Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family! At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Chicago (Working from Home currently)!
We’re looking for an experienced UX leader who has an insatiable curiosity, the desire to deeply understand our customers, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. This is a unique opportunity to shape our products, be a fierce advocate for our customers and elevate UX in an incredible retail brand and company. As a UX Manager, you will apply your passion for brand, craft and leverage design thinking methodologies to lead, inspire and grow a team of talented researchers & designers. You will create and execute a strategic UX vision by balancing business goals, user needs and tech feasibilities. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the Web, iOS, Android and Omnichannel user experience, from conducting research, drafting user flows and creating visual designs. If you are passionate about building top-notch experiences, have impeccable problem-solving skills, a finely tuned attention-to-detail and strong communication skills—you are our ideal candidate! You possess strong instincts; outstanding intuition and your experience demonstrates the successful delivery of practical yet innovative features that drive quantifiable results for a better customer experience. If you are excited to be a pivotal role in shaping the user experience at a fast growing and well-known brand and company, this is the place for you! Are you the customer champion we are looking for?
A day in the life...
- Set, execute and lead on strategic-level decisions in the areas of UX research, UX design and interaction, information architecture, visual design and analysis of Nordstrom’s subscription-based Trunk Club
- Strategic partner who builds strong relationships and collaborates with Product Management, Engineering, Analytics, Merchandising, Creative Marketing and other stakeholders to deliver experiences enjoyed by millions of shoppers that meet business objectives
- Be the #1 Nordstrom’ Trunk Club customer champion
- Develop and support a talented team of UX Researchers and UX Designers by providing direction, inspiration and mentorship. Attract, retain and develop top UX talent
- Collect and leverage qualitative and quantitative customer insights to inform and defend design strategies and decisions
- Be the User Experience thought leader within the Trunk Club division. Fosters a culture of design thinking & continuous learning that is data driven. Evangelize the UX practice internally and externally
**Please provide a link to your portfolio and/or samples of you work**
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years’ team management experience and/or demonstrated discipline leadership in an organization. UX team management experience in eCommerce preferred
- 10+ years’ experience designing and delivering products in cross functional team environment, Omni channel retail experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual/Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Psychology or related field
- Proficiency in UX Research methodologies and mastery of UX Design Principles and Interaction deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns and annotated comps
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to forge great relationships with cross-functional teams and key stakeholder
- Excellent communication & presentation skills. Effectively communicate strategic thinking, designs and design rationale
- Demonstrate strong leaderships skills and the ability to guide, motivate, mentor and develop a talented UX team of researchers and designers
- Drive team with strong influence; facilitates and encourages collaboration within UX team and across cross-functional teams
- Solve problems creatively and effectively. Ability to distill complex systems and interactions into simple design solutions
**We prefer candidates who are located in Central and West Coast time zones. The position based in the Chicago office. **
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.