UX Researcher, Chicago, IL
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
The Saggezza UX Researcher is qualified, passionate and energetic about UX research with the ability to lead through solid experience, while enjoying symbiotic growth from peers. The right candidate should be passionate about design thinking, human-centered design, usability and accessibility. This individual can plan, execute and communicate research on a deadline to uncover actionable insights that lead to the right solutions. Saggezza is looking for a full-time UX Researcher to join our Chicago team. This individual will be working with one of our clients in St. Louis.
If and when restrictions are lifted, this individual must be comfortable with travelling nationwide to client sites (up to 30%) when required, and comfortable working directly on-site with clients.
This role also requires someone who has a proven ability to be a leader on a small team, while still working collaboratively with its team members.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Partner with UX Architects, Researchers, Analysts and Product Leadership to prepare user test proposals and plans
- Assisting Senior UX Research team members on various projects
- Recruit, screen, consent, and schedule participants for major types of user research including qualitative usability studies (remote and in-person, moderated), surveys, workshops, field studies
- Help develop a user research repository and a backlog for different projects
- Maintain schedules for multiple projects
- Collect user behaviours taking different roles during test sessions
- Lead or partner with UX Architects, Researchers, and Analysts to clear and compile the research data and prepare for analysis
- Grasp and incorporate complex technical and business requirements from different projects into research
- Assist in research analysis and ideation
- Advocate research findings to various audiences through written reports and presentations
- Sketching and low-fidelity wireframing of preliminary interaction ideas
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 1 year of professional UX Research experience in client-facing product development
- Degree or an ongoing degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Design, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology,etc.) or similar field
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and collaboration written and verbal skills
- Strong ability to work independently, as well as in groups
- Ability to document process and progress
- Ability to prioritize the needs across multiple projects
- Experience with concept and/or usability research, moderating interviews and qualitative studies
- Experience with quantitative research
- Familiarity with integrating user research into product designs in an Agile environment
- Ability to produce key findings as well as recommendation reports
- Ability to communicate key findings visually in sketches and low-fidelity wireframes
- Ability develop personas and task matrices, task lists, task process diagrams, and user journey maps
- Desire to work hands-on for a long-term project from start to finish
- Ability to think creatively, and contribute fresh ideas and progressive insights
- Experience with remote collaboration tools, including, but not limited to Mural.co, Lucidchart, Miro, MS Teams
- Experience with design tools, including Sketch, Omnigraffle, Invision or other similar design and rapid prototyping tools
- Showcase your work via a digital or printed portfolio and demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving skills
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in Enterprise UX, preferably in FinTech and/or Payment Systems
- Verbal and written proficiency in a foreign language
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, colour, composition)
- Previous experience or familiarity with Lean UX framework
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.