UX Researcher at bswift
bswift, an Aetna/CVS Health portfolio company, is a Chicago-based technology company that provides industry-leading benefits administration for employers and exchanges nationwide. We are currently looking for a UX Designer to join our team in our Chicago, IL location.
The successful candidate will be working alongside other designers, developers, and product managers, the UX Strategic Designer will through research and user-centered principles ensure the user is always at the forefront of the design process.
- Provide user centered design research, analysis, and testing services to support Aetna outward (customer) facing and inward (Aetna) facing user interfaces.
- Support the Online Product Strategy & Design process, the APLC lifecycle and business processes to deliver an effective, efficient and pleasing user interface.
- Consult to drive effective user experience designs that meet or exceed user expectations and meet or exceed organizational/business goals; work with project team to refine requirements and include usability testing strategy and objectives in the software development process.
- Develop user experience research and testing strategy and deliver research-based findings/recommendations that support business goals while meeting resource, schedule and budget constraints of the overall project.
- Support business and software development activities as a user centered design subject matter expert; take leadership role in the development of user centered design and evaluation strategy, estimation, proposal creation, test preparation, evaluations, analysis, recommendations and post implementation review.
- Ability to plan, conduct and facilitate oral presentations and user evaluations, including information mapping, focus groups, various forms of usability testing and heuristic evaluations.
- Knowledge and experience with collecting end user requirements, developing user profiles and/or personas, conducting task analysis and eliciting user feedback.
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning one or more user experience projects of varying complexity; independently manage the day-to-day project activities
- Ability to plan and conduct appropriate user research in a laboratory and field setting, including test development, data gathering and reporting
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of user centered design (UCD) practices; educate partners about appropriate short and long-term UCD approach for project
- Stay current on user centered design best practices, industry practices, innovation and trends
- May supervise employees and/or provide oversight for project scope, timeline, and budget
- 3+ years of experience designing web applications.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered interface design processes, methodology and UI best practices.
- Experience building prototypes in Axure or InVision.
- Minimal technical skills: Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML, CSS.
- Experience conducting or managing usability tests to validate design.
- Experience with managing style guides and pattern libraries for large, complex projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of designing across platforms/devices.
- Ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions.
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables.
- Ability to take on complex problems and arrive at simple solutions, matched with the communication skills to talk through and present solutions with both technical and non-technical personnel.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.