UX Writer 2, Design Language System at Nordstrom
UX Writer 2, Design Language System
As a UX Writer 2 at Nordstrom, you create UX content that guides, informs and delights. You are an organized and effective communicator and practiced in creating, governing and maintaining effective design solutions to customer problems.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to develop, ship, and maintain a robust design language system that supports Nordstrom’s digital properties.
A day in the life…
- Collaborate with other UX writers, UX researchers, UX designers, product managers, and engineers
- Discover and validate opportunities through continuous internal and external research for new or improved patterns
- Work in partnership with UX design to build robust documentation around the proper uses of patterns and develop associated content standards
- Contribute to to-spec delivery of cross-team component and pattern work
- Manage your time effectively and work in agile environment / schedule
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years of experience in UX/UI writing
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your proficiency in UX writing, and ability to discuss your involvement in the overall design process
- Experience creating scalable content and writing guidelines and style guides
- Experience working in an Agile environment and working with a Lean UX process
- A passion for and experience in establishing consistent atomic design patterns across a variety of platforms, and experience
- Experience developing, implementing, and governing design processes, and leading design programs
- An understanding of web implementation technologies, including digital accessibility standards such as WCAG
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Minimum = $
Maximum = $