Truss is the leading online marketplace to help small and medium sized business owners find, tour and lease space. Our tech-enabled platform and our people help you find the right space for the best price in record time. Our technology enables business owners to find the right space confidently by comparing spaces in our marketplace. Truss also offers dedicated brokers who act as the point person throughout the seamless process, and save our clients an average of 19% on their leases. Plus, we are the only platform to offer price transparency for small business owners, which means we’re the only site to compare pricing on traditional office space and coworking space.
To date, Truss has received $24 million of venture funding and has grown rapidly to over 50 employees in just over 2 years. Truss offers a culture that is based on growth and innovation and offers terrific benefits including a 401k match, low-cost healthcare benefits, and the ability to lay the groundwork for growth with a world-class team.
About the role
Real estate is an inherently visual business. From maps and photographs to videos and interactive virtual reality experiences, our industry offers a wealth of visual elements.
But real estate is also a data-driven business. Location, features, access to transportation, pricing, and contract details are all critical. There’s so much information, it’s hard to make sense of it all.
At Truss, your job as a designer is to bring compelling visuals together with clear information design. When we’re successful, our customers get smarter and our products look great.
About the position
- You’ll create compelling visual designs that bring Truss’s award-winning platform to life.
- Your work will span the entire customer lifecycle, from marketing and pre-sales materials to key product details.
- You’ll be part of the design team, based at our product hub in Evanston, IL (right by the El Purple Line, Metra UP-N, and Northwestern University)
- You’ll collaborate with product designers, engineers, and marketers, but you’ll have plenty of room to work independently.
- You’re a visual designer who is fluent with modern design tools like Sketch or Figma.
- If you have motion design or video editing experience, that’s a plus.
- You’re fluent enough with HTML and CSS to create attractive and functional email templates.
- You are organized and self-directed to work effectively on your own, but you fit right in to a multidisciplinary team of engineers, marketers, and designers.
- You have a great eye for detail; your work looks as great up close as it does from a distance.
- You strive for clarity, and you view design as a tool to communicate.
- Above all, you are pragmatic and solution-focused. You ask great questions to make sure you understand both what needs to be done and why.