Visual Interaction Designer
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Experience Design (XD) team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Design Leads, Experience Designers, Content Designers, Design Researchers, UI Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The XD team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The Visual Interaction Designer will focus on delivering digital visual design solutions for a diverse range of products and experiences. They will have an in-depth understanding of visual design principles and will support and enhance the user experience using the latest design tools and platforms and following the latest technology trends. This Designer will apply the Arity brand design sytem to our product interfaces in order to transform business initiatives into compelling and engaging digital experiences. This person will participate in all phases of work from concepting and ideation, to iterative product refinements.
• Understand and interpret brand, user, and business needs and develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented digital solutions that address these needs
• Partner with Experience Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, Product, Marketing, and Technology team members to ensure designs follow established patterns, best practices, optimizes messaging, and is technically feasible
• Produce all necessary design elements, assets, templates, graphics, etc.
• Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple products
• Keep up-to-date in the field by monitoring digital trends, emerging technologies, attending workshops, and joining professional groups
• Partner with Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and Marketing on project goals
• Be an engaging and effective communicator of ideas
• Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, BA in related field, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of visual design experience in a collaborative environment (digital agency experience preferred)
• A strong portfolio, demonstrating an expertise in typography, imagery, color, and visual hierarchy across a variety of digital landscapes
• Proven ability to work within brand guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
• Proficient with a wide range of design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, and Zeplin
• Extremely organized and meticulous with source working files keeping logical hierarchy and nomenclature of all design elements and containers (layers, groups, pages, artboards...)
• Familiarity with DAM (Digital Asset Management Systems) and using complex libraries of assets
• Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Interest in motion graphics for advanced animation techniques to enhance our user experiences - Knowledge of Adobe After Effects a plus
• Experience with rich, complex Data Visualization highly desired
• Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
• Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities
• Flexible thinker and strong collaborator
• Naturally curious, empathetic, humble, and passionate about designing for behavioral change
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.