Digital Analyst- Mobile Application
At tronc we are growing the digital analytics team to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for smart and talented analysts, who want to contribute to the future of journalism and fit into our culture of collaboration and innovation.
As a digital analyst you will explore the data that powers the LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News and 150 other publications servicing over 100 million visitors a month and provide insight. You will work closely with the market leads, audience development, product, editorial, ecommerce and engineering teams to enhance performance of our offerings. This role performs as the primary contact for our business stakeholders across our US markets and is responsible for evaluating the ongoing performance of our properties with a focus towards increased digital subscriptions, audience engagement and revenue optimization.Responsibilities
- Formulate market, audience and product analyses and provide actionable insights to stakeholders to help drive digital subscriptions, grow audience and optimize revenue.
- Work closely with content creators to ensure they have the actionable digital information they need to optimize content performance.
- Define, track, measure and analyze performance of both internal and external promotions including multi/omni channel attribution
- Design A/B and multivariate test strategies to optimize performance of a feature, product or offering
- Utilize mathematical and analytic tool sets to analyze, interpret, and develop insights to predict and optimize performance of our web offerings
- Responsible for formulating, gathering, evaluating and aggregating results and building / designing actionable dashboards for stakeholders
- Help define standard KPI’s (key performance indicators) for Tribune and measurements for those standards
- Help the digital analytics team formulate, document and complete test cases as needed and help with UAT (user acceptance testing), and perform QA (quality assurance) of web sites, mobile, tablet and analytics standards
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years digital analytics experience web content and digital advertising data.
- Smarts, humility, creativity, and equal willingness to teach and learn.
- Good understanding of data solution designs (Omniture/Webtrends/Google Analytics), tagging principles (Ensighten/Tealium/Omniture/Google) and data base structures and operations
- Solid understanding of the digital ecosystem including but not limited to consumer, product, social, mobile, eCommerce, pricing, yield, advertising and revenue optimization methodologies
- Advanced Excel, SQL and/or other business/marketing analytic optimization tool sets preferred
- A passion for evolving, seeing things in new ways and presenting data.