Store Code: Digital Shelf (27370)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Responsible for the authoring and publishing of digital content according to the Brand’s commercial planning calendar. Creation and maintenance of digital artifacts that drive the customer shopping experience including site navigation, product information, product images, category taxonomy, promotional offers, customer ratings, and internal search details. Lead and govern the policies and procedures of the publishing process with expertise in the Content Management System.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Work collaboratively with members of the Omnichannel Strategy & Planning, Creative Services, and Brand ecommerce teams to execute and optimize the commercial planning process, ensuring all site content meets Brand objectives, is accurate and completed on time.
- Generate and author site content (Key Web Messages, Tiles, Product Sets, Landing Pages, Page Redirects, Vanity URLs)
- Determine the appropriate site URLs and construct links for each content placement throughout the web and mobile site.
- Determine and uphold the publishing process which includes the timing, customer targeting rules (ranging from simple to very complex), site placements, search and browse targets, and SEO settings.
- QA to ensure all requests are accurately executed anticipating any customer issues prior to launch.
- Coordinate cross-functional information flow with Creative Services, Brand ecommerce and Channel Planning.
- Answer questions and remediate any issues that may inhibit the efficient production of weekly conte
- Ensure all Marketing, Monetization and Merchandising promotions are created and executed on time and precisely.
- Creation of complex promotional codes, automatic events, product samples and programs (i.e. Buy $25, Save $5 on next order, Monthly hero offers, 60 Days Free Delivery).
- Maintenance of all configurations related to each of the Brand’s subscription programs including site targeting and testing, customer segmentation as well as programmatic fee discounts.
- Code all business rules to properly execute the intended logic and targeting of promotions.
- Ensure every scenario of the logic is working properly prior to launch.
- Open communication and collaboration with all commercial planning teams to ensure promotion is developed as requested.
- Partner with the IT and Database teams to troubleshoot and remedy any promotional issues leading to customer dissatisfaction.
- Executing requests accurately and in a timely manner has a direct impact on Marketing costs, margin and program effectiveness. A single character entered in error can result in hundreds of thousands of dollar loss.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of information driving the findability and organization of all products consistent with the ecommerce merchandising strategy.
- Strong focus on data accuracy with the understanding of how this directly impacts customer satisfaction, search performance, customer decision making and basket size.
- Partner with the Data Management team to inform and enforce the standards for ecommerce-optimized descriptions across all product categories.
- As Category Resets occur, identify opportunities for improving data integrity and consistency and then communicate with Data Management to execute.
- Maintain awareness of competitors to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage as it relates to findability of products.
- Perform reviews of category taxonomy to determine the best way to organize product categories for customers.
- Perform frequent review of search trends and performance to optimize the customers’ search experience which is responsible for over 40% of all ecommerce grocery revenue.
- Define needs and execute updates of synonyms, type-ahead and category boost data.
Ongoing merchandising content augmentation to support a best-in-class Product Detail Page.
- Set and maintain standards for product images and support differences by Device and Category.
- Key stakeholders for Ratings & Reviews and the 3rd party partnership with Bazaarvoice.
- Ongoing moderation of customer Ratings & Reviews.
- Develop reports to assist decision making during category reviews by representing the customer’s voice in the process.
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Process focused (expert in end to end promotions & data)
- Analyzes business requirements and formulates solutions based on promotional system capabilities
- Acute critical thinking in order to suggest the best approach for building complex promotions or creating highly targeted and dynamic site experiences.
- Thoroughly understands the feasibility of the CMS and promotional logic. Guides ecommerce and channel planning teams on how to best structure programs with consideration for the optimal customer experience.
- Self-starter with exceptional follow-through
- Provides direction and support to SPEC I as needed. Leads peer reviews.
- Process changes must be approved by manager before they are implemented, but can set framework for discussion
- Has authority to make user experience updates on the site.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- 6+ years of relevant experience in marketing, grocery merchandising or e-commerce
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Grocery category management and/or web production experience, understanding of e-commerce practices
- Advanced Excel and MS Office
- Basic SQL or DB Visualizer experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Must have a strong customer focus
- Deadline driven
- Works well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 11084_external_USA-IL-Chicago