Director of Site Reliability Engineering Team
Site Reliaiblitiy Engineers at Grubhub believe that the most valuable product feature is availability, and that effective, scalable software and infrastructure are the keys to building and operating our systems. We believe that failure is a fact of life, and is something to be managed thoughtfully and elegantly, not avoided. We believe that building cross-functional relationships is critical, and the SRE team at Grubhub is involved at all levels of product development and operation.Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Reporting to the VP of Technical Operations, the Director of Site Reliability Engineering is obsessed with availability, passionate about automation and energized by building meaningful relationships. In your past, you have designed and implemented applications and infrastructure for high-traffic e-commerce sites and have built and managed engineering teams doing the same. You are a proactive communicator and solutions seeker, comfortable with adapting to changing requirements, and have an eagerness to use your technical expertise to facilitate productive discussions.You Should Have
- You will drive projects for building and maintaining Grubhub’s infrastructure, from iron to production
- Work within and outside of Site Reliability Engineering, sharing ownership and ensuring success of the SRE project roadmap
- We are growing - You will be deeply engaged in the recruiting process to ensure we are finding and hiring outstanding engineers
- Our Site Reliability Engineers are embedded in Security and Software Engineering teams across technology, and our Director will spearhead relationship building amongst both groups
- Leverage a combination of strategic, technical, and operational planning
- Lead cooperation and cross-collaboration efforts with Infrastructure, Service Desk, Operations Center and Legal teams
- You must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that embraces agile, test-driven development and collaboration-by-default.
- Incidents happen, and you’ll need to be able to elegantly manage these occasions and focus on driving resolution, as well as follow-through on post-mortem and remediations
- You will also be a proven people leader and have a demonstrated ability to guide teams to success
Tools we work with:
- Java for micro services
- Docker (in production!)
- Mesos and Marathon for job scheduling
- Combination of AWS and our own hardware
- Python and Fabric for automation and our CD pipeline
- Jenkins for builds and task execution
- Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- DataDog for metrics and alerting
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.