Advanced Performance Engineer
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Advanced Performance Engineer, you will identify and communicate performance baseline expectations to customers of kCura’s core products. You will also act as a subject matter expert with regards to scalability, performance, load, and reliability of kCura’s core products. The Advanced Performance Engineer works under direction of managers, senior engineers and tech leads.
- Works under moderate direction of managers and senior team members
- Continues to develop professional expertise, and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Implement scalability and performance requirements by exploring the bounds of kCura’s core products
- Keep up with industry trends and innovations and integrate best practices into processes, tools, and deliverables
- Execute baseline performance and load tests to diagnose and optimize code, verify inconsistencies, ambiguities, and defects, and identify risk areas in new and existing projects
- Create automated scripts to simulate multi-user, multi-tiered systems running in different environments under various configurations
- Assist with design, execution, and documentation of backend tests for software installations, deployments, recovery, and upgrades
- Assist delivery teams in the design and construction of performant, scalable software solutions
- Analyze performance results and recommend optimizations to hardware/software configurations, database design, and environment setup
- Provide testing assistance to the development teams for the creation and execution of new performance and load tests for newly developed functionality
- Collaborate with Client Services on client infrastructure setup and performance bottlenecks that help drive the way kCura performance tests, debugs and optimizes their core products
- Support Operations by offering expertise to customers on domain specific setup and tuning of kCura’s products in their environment
- BA/BS/Equivalent Degree in Database Administration, Systems Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, or at least one year supporting and maintaining Software QA or Development environments that host commercial-grade systems and applications
- At least three years designing, implementing, and executing performance and load tests for commercial grade systems and applications
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Advanced Knowledge of Systems Administration and Database Administration
- Software Development Skills - Loadrunner scripting a plus
- Hand-on technical knowledge of Windows O/S and SQL Server
- Advanced problem solving independent thinking skills
- Advanced teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.