At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
Developer Experience Team:
The Developer Experience Team supports and enables the Developer Community to build custom solutions and applications on top of Relativity by providing the necessary resources and tools to make developers in the field successful. We support developers to ensure they are not only having a positive experience with the technology while building on the platform, but that they are succeeding commercially as well.
This role is part of DevEx Tools (Part of the Developer Experience Team):
The tools team is responsible for creating tools that are not part of the Relativity Core offering, but enhance the development of Relativity Applications. The team works with core engineers in addition to other DevEx teams and External Developers. The team works on a wide variety of projects across varied technologies.
- Develop the tools, and solutions to facilitate development on top of the Relativity Platform.
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes
- Participate in architecting projects for your team
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms
- Offer and assist software engineers in common disciplines and practices to influence the design and implementation of Relativity custom solutions
- Actively participating in our SCRUM process.
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems.
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with unit testing, preferably in the TDD mode
- Experience with talking with external developers
- Knowledge of other programming languages and DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL) will be a plus
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a software development role
Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.